Got vestax vci 100.. Now help me decide Mac vs PC - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Lock this thread now please. I'm going to start punching babies if I read ONE MORE MAC / PC THREAD!!!

like i said I dont want any fanboy here... just honest opinion... If you dont like the thread then just keep your mouth shut and dont reply.

Tech Guru

my post was a joke seriously though there are enough mac vs. pc threads, nothing is going to be resolved, make a decision you already know/can search for the facts

Evan_C both computers have their strengths and weakness, but to be honest. What it really comes down to is how much $$$ you have in your budget. I used a oldschool Toshiba 2.8 ghz 1.5Gb ram and it was a really good to me, I did have some small issue along the way but I always brought a back media just in case. Now Mac's, they are very expensive, why? But the machines work. I really dislike Mac Vs PC threads being that they go nowhere. If you got 3k go buy a Macbook Pro if you dont, and have 1.5k get a Dell or something of the same caliber. If you have 1k get a Macbook or Dell, do you see where Im going with this?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Well, what audio interface are you using?

I am still running the same Dell I bought three years ago and it works fine. I think it's finally starting to go, but I have a new machine to replace it. I have treated it well and it treats me well.
    I TOTALLY agree 100% I am am still running a Dell Dimension 8200 with 2gigs of ram and a 1.8ghz processor (not dual core!) Its runs 3.4 and pro fine with my audio kontrol 1. I also have a macbook that I've been using with 3.4 and pro. Both set ups give me no grief because I keep them clean.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jthompsn View Post
    I TOTALLY agree 100% I am am still running a Dell Dimension 8200 with 2gigs of ram and a 1.8ghz processor (not dual core!) Its runs 3.4 and pro fine with my audio kontrol 1. I also have a macbook that I've been using with 3.4 and pro. Both set ups give me no grief because I keep them clean.

Ok so my desktop 2.6 pentium 4 not dual core and 1 2 gig mem- clean installed should handle traktor well but no, Im getting dropouts freezing etc. I can run my torq connectiv + TCV fine but not traktor. What gives?

Tech Wizard

The only reason I'm thinking about buying a Mac is to go along with the VCI-100. The ONLY reason. Other than that, I will always say that a well tuned PC can keep up with any Mac on any given day.

Why would you buy a MAC for the VCI-100?

Quote Originally Posted by mpc2323 View Post
    like i said I dont want any fanboy here... just honest opinion... If you dont like the thread then just keep your mouth shut and dont reply.
    What do you think is going to be posted in this thread that hasn't been posted in the 35 other threads? You think you're special?

Come on man...grow up a bit and read what other people have already written.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mpc2323 View Post
    Ok so my desktop 2.6 pentium 4 not dual core and 1 2 gig mem- clean installed should handle traktor well but no, Im getting dropouts freezing etc. I can run my torq connectiv + TCV fine but not traktor. What gives?
    Latency, maybe?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Alright people, comin through for the "Let's keep it civil" part of it.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast