I want to use a encoder on my APC40 for "seek position" wonky behavior. HELP

Default I want to use a encoder on my APC40 for "seek position" wonky behavior. HELP

I'm experimenting around and I want to try DJing with nothing but my APC40 and a mixer. I'm very use to using jog wheels and want to keep part of the functionality. The "seek position" command in traktor would be perfect for me. But with the encoders on my apc40, it doesn't work right. I'm on TP2, but in this T3 video, this is exactly what the encoder is doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIm0UE10aeE

What happens if i turn the encoder one way, it works fine. But when I start turning it the other way, it keeps going in the other direction, then it finally turns around. Rendering it unusable to zone in on a specific beat. The "solution" he had was on a different midi controller, and it was to set the encoders to analogue mode. But I doubt theres such a think on the apc40. I tried Encoder and direct, but its way to fast to do anything with.

Is there ANYTHING i can do??? I really want this to work. Please help!

Thanks!
    Ableton Live 9, Traktor, VCI-400, APC40, QuNeo, Lemur iOS

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Switch the encoder to relative and try changing the type (3f something).

The experienced delay might be latency itself or acceleration being too high

intresting...the "cue level" encoder, the one without the led ring, works perfectly. I tried one of the other ones without the led ring, but the same problem...least i have 1 working one.
    Ableton Live 9, Traktor, VCI-400, APC40, QuNeo, Lemur iOS

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

The cue level is the ONLY one that is actually an encoder ... The rest are endless knobs.

I managed to get really nice bend / seek action using the cue buttons as deck select and play =0/1 to swap between seek and bend and using the encoded this way.

The other knobs won't work correctly for this.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

^+1