New Set Up Help

Thread: New Set Up Help

Default New Set Up Help

I'm thinking of getting a xone 22 mixer, 2 numark tt200 turntables, Kontrol X1, audio 6 and upgrading to TSP2. What do you guys think of the xone 22 as a mixer? Also I have heard that the X1 native mapping for TSP2 is for sample deck control. I really just need to control effects and transport functions like it is labled. Overall how do you think this set up would work?

Tech Mentor

Its quite easy to default to the original mapping for the X1 to use as transport and effects control.

I've heard nothing but good things about the xone:22, and when i've demo'd it myself i've got nothing but praise for it, but i'm waiting for the Pioneer DJM 250 to come out and i'm going to test that before I commit to buying anything. (I'll probably end up going with a Denon either way but still).
    Production - 24" iMac. Digidesign 003+ Rack. Genelec 8020A Monitors. UA 710 Twin Finity Preamp. Many Microphones.
    DJ - 15" MBP. Traktor Pro 2. Audio DJ 2. Kontrol X1. Maschine. MidiFighter Pro. AIAIAI TMA-1 Headphones.
    Website Soundcloud Email

I was also just looking at some new on the djm 250. One negative is that the 250 has no booth output :/ Let me know when you demo it to see what you thought of both

Tech Mentor

Yeah but it having no booth output doesn't matter unless your planning on rocking it live?

As soon as theres one in a UK store near me i'll be all over it!
    Production - 24" iMac. Digidesign 003+ Rack. Genelec 8020A Monitors. UA 710 Twin Finity Preamp. Many Microphones.
    DJ - 15" MBP. Traktor Pro 2. Audio DJ 2. Kontrol X1. Maschine. MidiFighter Pro. AIAIAI TMA-1 Headphones.
    Website Soundcloud Email

I was going to pick up a 22 as well instead of my Ecler but chose the Nuo because of too many stories of the sound bleeding through the crossfader. Over time it just gives up. Also, it has no on/off switch so you constantly have to unplug it.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Yea I was wondering about the on/off switch. I dj at a few small bar/clubs that do not have their own sound. I usually just set up my matrix 2000 but I like having a monitor as I can't get the full effect while I'm mixing without one. I have also heard of the sound bleeding through. Has anyone here actually had it happen to them?

Check out the "other" forum. Thread after thread about it.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG