File Re-Namer

Thread: File Re-Namer

Tech Guru

Default File Re-Namer

Hi I've recently added CDJs to my setup and have begun burning my collection to CD. I have all my MP3's/WAV's info detailed completely in the iD3 tag. The filename are not very well organized as some have the track numbers still from when I ripped them.

I would like to find a program that will use the Artist and Title from the iD3 tags and rename that file with that info. I am on a Mac but I do have a PC if I can't find anything for Mac.

I'm not sure if this type of program exists. Anyone use any kind of batch file renamer? If so what do you recommend.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

I'm on a PC, and I use Flash Renamer for that. It writes filenames with the tags in your choice of order. It was really useful when I had to rip my collection from my iPod after I lost a lot of it.

I can't recommend anything for Mac sorry, but if you don't find anything, try out Flash Renamer on your PC.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1