denon sc3900
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: denon sc3900

Default denon sc3900

would you be interested if this comes out?

Denon sc3900 seems to be a midi controller based on the denon 3700 only without cd slot. can't get a a clear view of the picture when i enlarge it.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3504/denonmc3000.jpg
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Tech Guru

I'm thinking it's a MIDI controller with a moving platter that would be useable for Traktor. If that's the case I would consider getting one as I love to have that tactile feedback and control. That's if the price was reasonable. Knowing Denon I would guess 700$ for a single unit. I could be totally wrong though but thanks for the post I thought I was out of things to lust after since BPM.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    I'm thinking it's a MIDI controller with a moving platter that would be useable for Traktor. If that's the case I would consider getting one as I love to have that tactile feedback and control. That's if the price was reasonable. Knowing Denon I would guess 700$ for a single unit. I could be totally wrong though but thanks for the post I thought I was out of things to lust after since BPM.
    >implying $700 is unreasonable

compared to a Pioneer CDJ?

Tech Guru

It would compare it more to a Numark V7 as it doesn't look like it has a CD slot but like the OP said it's hard to see.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

More similar to Stanton's SCS.1D: http://www.stantondj.com/stanton-con...s/system1.html
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tech Wizard

I love my 3700s so i would be tempted to trade them in as i Very rarely play CDs

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

MC3000 :-O

... tasty

Looks like everyones jumping on board with a 2ch version of 4ch controllers, S2, VMS2 .. now this.

i think it's an ok idea to ditch the cd slot - but they would need to keep a usb connection for flash drives. i couldn't see paying over $500 per deck when you could just get the Sc2000's for $250 each. moving platter with traktor is great - but these decks should do double duty in case there are computer issues in the middle of a set.

alternatively, a small built-in drive holding maybe 16gb of music. vlinked to the other deck and then linked to x600/x1600/x1700 mixers?

Quote Originally Posted by deco View Post
    i think it's an ok idea to ditch the cd slot - but they would need to keep a usb connection for flash drives....
    I'd be willing to bet on two USB ports. One to hook up to a laptop and another for flash drives/external hard drives.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deco View Post
    i think it's an ok idea to ditch the cd slot - but they would need to keep a usb connection for flash drives. i couldn't see paying over $500 per deck when you could just get the Sc2000's for $250 each. moving platter with traktor is great - but these decks should do double duty in case there are computer issues in the middle of a set.

alternatively, a small built-in drive holding maybe 16gb of music. vlinked to the other deck and then linked to x600/x1600/x1700 mixers?
    It's not fair to compare them to the Sc2000, if this controller is real, it is going to be their top of the line, flagship controller; as the DN-S3700 is right now (Retail around $800). Yes that's expensive but you pay for quality and features, a spinning 9" platter is going to cost a hell of a lot more than the small jogwheel on the sc 2000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast