My Audio 8 Just Broke

Default My Audio 8 Just Broke

thought id let you guys know, i was very surprised as havnt seen to much talk on them breaking or problems, i thought it was suppost to be super reliable, never gets mistreated, all the good stuff ahahaha.

so i was playing tonight trying to record my mix, pusing -3 to 0 db on my mixer channels and 0 db on the output, when all of a sudden all channels max, output gets maxed, and my left ear was in extreme pain from the volume, and i believe one of my speakers is damaged as it crackles very loud at low volumes with nothing playing thru it now, i am absolutely positive this was the audio 8, immediately after it happen i turned the volume knob down asap, then after pausing and having a big WTF just happened?!?!, i tried to play something with the volume very low and i just immediately got the same crazy anoying screeching noise, well i could see it coming out of the mixer but i didnt turn the volume knob back up ahahaha, then i weant back to my old m audio connectiv and it worked flawlessly immediately, i was slightly scared it was my mixer in the beginning but i ruled that out, gonna call NI tmrw and get to the bottom of this, cause theres no way im paying for another $500 monitor, or anything for another soundcard, for what was not my fault at all, pretty pissed right now.

theres always a one in a million type scenario...sorry brah
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

accually solved this problem today, required a driver update from old 2.0.15 to 3.0, workin good so far

thats good to hear man! glad its working
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

If it definitely caused other equipment to be damaged, I'd talk to a lawyer.

man even if some equipment kills you you cant do shit about it cause you accepted the license when buying it and its always not their fault what ever happens..

Tech Guru

XplodeHD not quite true

the law varies around the world but in most cases it is unto you to prove lack of due diligence, this could turn out to be a lengthy and costly process. From a mutual stand point tho I would say they have shown due diligence, and you should always keep unto date with the latest drivers.

its also not a problem you can't potentially recreate so another argument is, is that its something else on your laptop interfering with the sound card as you have now proven yourself that the hardware has no fault

I think doing driver updates constantly is a must. Sometimes hard to know when a new driver is available. I would hope some companies would take note and send out emails to customers when those are ready. Especially after major OS updates like let's say OSX 10.7 that caused some drivers to stop working.

Well regardless of EULA's, I know if you were using iTunes, and the software blewout your eardrums because of a glitch, it wouldn't matter what version you were using or how many things you agreed to... lawyers would be beating each other senseless to take your case.

yeah i agree with Sobi, even though im pretty sure the only damage done was a little bit of hearing loss to my left ear, hurt all night when it happened, then last night playing blackops i wasnt able to stand my turtle beach headphones for more then like 30 mins. (usually i can have them on my head for 3-4 hours before i get anoyed) this was like 30 mins and bad pain forcing me to stop playing, specifically on my left ear.

as for my speaker/s, it was acting wierd but it was related to the audio 8 randomly effing up, and for some reason it really did seem to be causing alot more static on the right channel during this problem(wich was what made me thing it could be broken or blown), as when it was screwing up, (pushing max out of the channels) i turned up my mixer volume the tiniest bit untill i could hear something, it was like poppling and crackling out of the horn when the otherone was making nothing at the same level. (except for normal static u can hear up real close) i still not have had the time to test the speaker at high volume at all or for an extended period, but im pretty sure its fine, my class H amps with very good autoclipping saved me