How many of you use 4 decks in traktor?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How many of you use 4 decks in traktor?

im at a cross roads currently, after receiving my Launchpad i quickly made a tsi for four deck mixing that i love alot, but im left to having to use the faders on my APC 20 as the vol. faders and filter faders. the problem with this is that i dont have a full EQ section, only hi mid and low kills. this isnt much of a problem since i use kills anyways but it makes me very nervous not having knobs there incase i do wanna add some bass instead of kill it. also, the faders on my APC 20 may have their lifes shortened by being slammed down while im mixing. i dont really have the money to spit out for an X Session, and i really dont wanna add to my list of expanding midi controllers since im running out of room in my cramped apt.

the reason why i ask this question is because i can easily use my X1 as a mixer for 2 deck control, and then use my Launchpad as the deck controls and the APC as an effects controllers. but that limits me to 2 decks. so is 4 decks worth it?

TL;DR- 2-Deck vs. 4-Deck in Traktor
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Tech Mentor

2 deck seems enough for me right now, plus 4 deck isnt that good when the songs change pretty often unlike progressive house etc.

i use 4 decks quite a bit (i pretty much do live mash ups through out my sets). However, before you start using 4 decks, figure out what you wana do with it. if you just use 4 decks for the sake of using 4 decks its not gona be worth your time
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

And theoretically you could have the X1 control all four decks with some modifiers and or shift buttons.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Quote Originally Posted by IznremiX View Post
    i use 4 decks quite a bit (i pretty much do live mash ups through out my sets). However, before you start using 4 decks, figure out what you wana do with it. if you just use 4 decks for the sake of using 4 decks its not gona be worth your time
    Not to mention your mixes will sound like mud when you try and layer too many sounds.

well, ive used 4 decks alot, and i enjoy it. this isnt like a "should i adventure with 4 decks" type of things. im just trying to get some ideas and thoughts from the group if a ful mixer is worth it and such.

also, big fan IznRemix.

and, i hate modifiers >
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    And theoretically you could have the X1 control all four decks with some modifiers and or shift buttons.
    ^this

...why don't you just add a deck select button so you switch between A/C and B/D. Split your apc20 down the middle then control it that way, kinda like all other 2 deck controllers give 4 deck functionality.
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Guru

AND.. you have traktor pro 2 so instead of going for 4 decks, why don't you map 2 decks and 2 sample decks to the APC20, since you don't even use 4 decks yet? that way you can decide if you would use a 3rd or 4th deck..

Tech Guru

your sig says you have a numark stealth and mixdeck? If so, why buy an x-session?
    plus, why wouldn't you be able to use the launchpad for more than 2 decks? that's 64 buttons, plus the ones along the sides!!

ok, you guys are confused. ive been using 4 decks for months. and the Launchpad is mapped for 4 decks, with full cue control and such.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast