Ustream + Mac = Tut
    Tech Wizard
    my home is in CO , but i am traveling atm

Default Ustream + Mac = Tut

I just started the Ustream and found out that not many like to get up and hit the clubs so i thought it would be sick to Stream my sets .. but i had no clue on what i was going to do so i thought i would make a tutorial for the DjTT and get mac users ( sorry i don't have Win ) the idea on how to make it work .

First and foremost

Reguester with Ustream
    http://www.ustream.tv/login-signup?ref=%2Fdashboard

after you have done that , just set it up do what you need to , fill in all your info what you will be doing and all that you can think of.

Now if you like to share your Screen ( desktop ) go to
    camtwist.en.softonic.com/
    its called cam twist and it just lets you use your cam with effects and even lets you Picture in Picture for showing tractor and your webcam at the same time

from there you can't miss it go to your ustream and click Go Live !

it will pop up another

just to make it that much simpler here is a Ustream tut

[ame="http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17809038"]Tut on Ustream and Cam twist for Mac and DJTT, Just me talking Kilown on USTREAM. Dance[/ame]

I hope that helps

Kilown
    Last edited by Kilown; 10-10-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: forgot something

Tech Wizard

I will make a video if you like on how to set up traktor with your ustream with a Audio 10 and a Audio4 along with the dual webcams if you like message me

i think the ableton audio would be the same setup

Very nice, thank you!

This is something I've talked with some of my buddies about, and think it's a great way to start out. And even when you are doing gigs out, it's a good way for people to check you out.

Big thing I think would be getting it setup so that you have a couple camera, or at least not just using the built in camera on the macbook pro. At least for spinning purposes.

Is there a way to easily seperate the audio and video as well, so you can have a video podcast or seperate audio mixdown easily downloadable from an outside source? Just a thought, I know more and more people have the smart phone or ipod thing going on nowadays.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

i had the same idea lol. ustream is fun,though its difficult to get viewers
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Tech Wizard

yes , you can !

I have Audio 10 , with sound flower (2 and 16 CH ) with that i can tell it to use either my audio 10 or 4 , or i can change the input with my MBP to use the mic headphone jack to hook up the sound .

its easy to do but a lot of set up !

also when i use this set up at a club i just use the traktor recorder to put my mixes or mashups on sound cloud like i said i have learned how to do this in a few days and wanted to show others that its not a pain in the A$$ like some see it. once i get back to my studio , i will be making some videos just to see what fan base i can make.

as you are right its hard to make a huge fan base but with the right ideas you can " link " everything to get more than expected

Ustream links to Facebook , with embedded video posting once you are done recording or prior to live streaming , and twitter Dj all will get your listeners involved , with a chat function ( and another computer ) you can test your stream and even chat as you are playing live , these are all some of your options.
    Last edited by Kilown; 10-10-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Tech Wizard

Default Desktop as Main Screen

OK so you have seen me Talk threw this but after viewing the video i like to show you what my desktop was doing as i get it set up and this will answer some of your questions

here is some more info

[ame="http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17810038"]Desktop View, Just showing the Desktop of the Tut for Dj TT Kilown on USTREAM. Dance[/ame]