VCI 100 with bad jog wheel

Default VCI 100 with bad jog wheel

So I purchased a VCI 100 about a month and a half ago played out maybe 6 times with it . Now it seems the right jog wheel is not responding basically when I power everything on and start up Traktor the jog wheel glows blue fine but as soon as I touch the jog wheel it glows red and stays red . If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it as it will save me a trip to guitar center to attempt to exchange this unit .

so I tried popping it open and cleaning and lubricating everything as the tutorial I got from here has shown and still nothing . Is it possible I have a bad optical sensor ?

Grab a little skrew driver and turn down the sensitivity of the right jog wheel on the back of the unit, that should do it!

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Grab a little skrew driver and turn down the sensitivity of the right jog wheel on the back of the unit, that should do it!
    Tried that didn't work but they did exchange it for me .

Tech Mentor

Weird, never heard of this problem but for sure could see it happening. Good to know!

Hopefully the new one you got works fine.

Good to hear you got it sorted out, i have not heard of that problem with the VCI before.