Anyone use a MAC Mini?

Default Anyone use a MAC Mini?

As I spend countless hours searching for a deal on decently priced laptops, searching and weeding through the mess. I come up with overpriced used and abused junk. Financing a brand new macbook pro wouldnt be a HUGE deal, BUT I
    want to make the money i have stretch the furthest without sacrificing quality.

Anyone use the mac mini and route it to their laptop for mobile use or home use?
    I was looking and can find them for around 300-400.

I see alot of y'all rock the macs bc of power and reliability.

This is my second thread on laptops and apologize, but last night i spent an hour recording another mix that had crackles and pops in it from the laptop not handling the effects and loading new tracks.
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...co=MTM3NDkzNzU
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Mac mini will be fine performance wise but you then need a separate screen... not very portable
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

one of my friends thats a mobile dj has his rack case with a screen in it. he welded a hinge and a thick (handmade i assume) blank panel together then put a mount on the hinge.

It works quite well, and he has a foam pad that he places on top of his mixer so that the knobs and such dont hit the screen. I gotta say its pretty effective if your a mobile guy, however in a club it would work as good.

You'd be better off with an i5 or i3 pc. I picked up an i5 toshiba for like ~400 that has been flawless. Macs are cool and all if you want to shell out the cash, but you're better off with a pc on that budget.

Yea i can do around 1300 for a mac, but thats foolish money to me if there is better options out there. So look at the toshiba's? hp as well?

I just want to be able to run ableton and traktor and record my mixes in better quality.