wanting to start a duo

Default wanting to start a duo

Hey guys, my buddy and I are looking to start a duo, and I want to make sure I have what I need, and am getting the correct equipment.
    We want to run a 2 TT and a mixer through traktor scratch duo 2. I'm picking up a NI audio 6 for this. The plan is to route the audio into ableton live 8 and plug his bass guitar and HUGE fx pedal into ableton as one of the tracks.
    I've searched around to find out if this is all possible, but all I find on other forums are people ragging on eachother, and not giving any useable answers. Has anyone done this? Is it possible? And will the audio 6 be enough for this?
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the help
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Banned

How many laptops, 1 or 2?

The plan is to run it all through 1 pc. But we both have laptops so if it is easier, or only possible with 2, that's not an issue at all.
    2007 Macbook Pro
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Banned

Is he going to need access to Ableton at all, or will he be fine with his Bass and FX pedal the whole night with out having to touch Ableton?

He is going to mainly be throwing down wobbly basslines without needing to touch ableton, but it would be nice to "build" some tracks on the fly in live 8.
    2007 Macbook Pro

To add some more info, we have run his bass through ableton before, using my bcd3000 as a soundcard, but that caused enough latency that he could not play correctly. We were using only the bcd3000 and a launchpad. Now I have 2 TTs and a mixer, as well as the bcd3000 and the launchpad. We want to mix tracks using timecode vinyl, through traktor, and use ableton for bass lines and on the fly track creation.
    2007 Macbook Pro

I remember there being two different articles about syncing Ableton and Traktor.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/06/1...-ableton-live/

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/04/0...-with-ableton/

The first is for two laptops, and the second is for one. For adding that bass guitar though, what exactly is that "Huge FX Pedal"?
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

thanks for the links, I know you can route Traktor through Ableton, I was just making sure that i can do what i want to with the audio 6. The FX pedal he has is a Line 6 pod XT live. big thing too, its got a metal handle on it because its rather heavy.

If I'm reading correctly, with the 3 inputs on the audio 6 i should be able to do this?

input 1: 2 decks and a mixer through Traktor on one laptop
    input 2: Ableton through my bcd3000 on the other laptop
    input 3: bass guitar out through RCAs (his pedal or amp can do this)

All it would take is keeping Traktor and Ableton in sync. Unless is route Traktor through Ableton on one laptop, and the bass through the second input.
    Someone please correct me if this is wrong. Thanks again for your help guys. Everyday im blown away with what is do-able when it comes to audio production now, compared to 10 years ago.
    2007 Macbook Pro