Home DJ setups - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home DJ setups

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    I try to face the room cause sometimes I have people over, or I am watching TV at the same time as mixing, or cooking food.
    Wait... You mix while you cook? (or cook while you mix?) *Awesome*.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Mixes tiesto with his secret sauce
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

most of the time facing the wall, now with all my gears relocated downstairs in the living room, facing a large mirror (no i hate the mirror but it was there at first for decoration)
    but the reflection of the gears in it really worth looking at ( the Fantom G was really a sight to see )

might be relocating things back upstairs during the upcoming holiday, this time facing the balcony...if only the temperature isn't too hot

Tech Wizard

Mines facing away from the wall,to the doorway. At least I don't get suprised with can in my head. Damn women.

Still haven't heard a reason that makes any type of logical sense for facing away from a wall (unless of course you have a giant house/apartment). What is wrong with you people that you can't do anything else because your setup is the other way?

my setup used to face towards the window, that was my favorite since i live on a busy street however it made it too hard to open the window and i couldnt get a sofa in the cramped room. so wall it is for now

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Still haven't heard a reason that makes any type of logical sense for facing away from a wall (unless of course you have a giant house/apartment). What is wrong with you people that you can't do anything else because your setup is the other way?
    Really? Being able to look at something other than a wall (people, TV, whatever) isn't logical? The only reason for facing a wall is to save space (and maybe hide cables), so I don't see anything wrong with using the space for a more open setup if you've got it. Right now my stuff is in the living room (will be moving it soon to get all my gear in one room, but I digress), back to the wall and I think it would be be pretty awkward to be facing the wall all the time with other people around. Its not in the way, so what's the problem? What should I be doing with that space instead?

I have it that way because I want optimal sound, and make use of my home stereo which is fucking awesome. Also uses homestereo for TV so i have my speakers and tv on one side of the room, then sofa and dj table on the other side. I like that I have a little kind of corner to stand and mix in, also I can see guests while mixing. Good for smaller partys.

It was either this solution or buy another pair of speakers and im a qualitysound nerd so I didn't want any shit. Spend all my money on homestereo so.. ended up like this!

I just find the desire to be facing your room for people to be silly, but I'm am 1000% for Function over form in this situation. I've always figured if I want to socialize, being behind the decks isn't the place to be, and if I feel the need to check the vibe of the crowd in my house... I should break one of my decks over my own head and quit DJing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    Wait... You mix while you cook? (or cook while you mix?) *Awesome*.
    yup lol. Its in my living room/kitchen..open floor plan I play tracks sometimes, run over and mix in a track then go back to cooking. Needless to say it a lot of running back and forth but for some reason I'm stupid and enjoy it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast