Super confused need help picking soundcard please!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Super confused need help picking soundcard please!

Hey guys, so basically my situation is as follows, I am a guitar player for a few years wanting to get into DJing and production, mostly psytrance as I live in Cape Town, South Africa and the scene here is amazing. I am selling my big guitar amp as I dont use it anymore, I am looking at the NI Audio Kontrol 1 or Audio 2/4 DJ USB devices. So my question is which one do I get to start practicing my DJing on traktor and record some mixes, play my guitar and record it through Guitar Rig and eventually start some production of my own music with cubase. I do not own monitors yet as I am getting the card and new headphones first, they are next on the list with a controller, will normal PC speakers work for now with just a normal 3.5mm jack (1/8 inch i think?)
    I know it's a lot of questions but I am so confused and just do not want to buy wrong equipment because I am very eager to start.
    Thank you in advance!

I'm not sure if Native Instruments still sell the Audio 4, and it sounds like you want its replacement, the Audio 6. It has 3 outputs and 3 inputs, you could mix externally with 3 decks and use the inputs to record your guitar. If you really wanted to, you could even have your guitar set up as a live input while DJing.

The other option is the Komplete Audio 6, which is the Audio Kontrol 1's replacement. It has 4 inputs and 4 outputs, and comes with Traktor LE 2 and Cubase LE.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

I think the Komplete Audio 6 is what you want mate

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...plete-audio-6/
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Welcome Bro!

I am a Psytrance Producer/DJ, and I am also from Cape Town!

you should pull into the shop I work at in Maitland we can shat!

www.frontlineonline.co.za

peace
    - Focusrite Saffire Pro24 - Novation Remote 25sl mk2 -
    - Korg MS-10 - Korg KAOSS Pad KP3 - Vestax VCI-300 -
    - Alesis m1active mk2 - Shure SRH-750-DJ - Akai LPD8 -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    I think the Komplete Audio 6 is what you want mate

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...plete-audio-6/
    +1. Be perfect for both Djing with Traktor and producing with Cubase, etc
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Student

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the responses. That komplete Audio 6 does look perfect but a bit above my price range for right now, I have been looking at something like the numark Mixtrack Pro that has a built in audio interface so I can start learning to work on traktor right away! Also Glitch I will definitely come have a look at your shop man, I have been looking for a good audio store in Cape Town, I just usually call Marshall Music but I dont think asking studio/DJ advice from them is the best idea.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by EpicZA View Post
    Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the responses. That komplete Audio 6 does look perfect but a bit above my price range for right now, I have been looking at something like the numark Mixtrack Pro that has a built in audio interface so I can start learning to work on traktor right away! Also Glitch I will definitely come have a look at your shop man, I have been looking for a good audio store in Cape Town, I just usually call Marshall Music but I dont think asking studio/DJ advice from them is the best idea.
    HAHA YEP THATS TRUE!

We stock Mixtrack Pro's, but I would suggest looking at sumthing else (slightly better build) because that thing won't stand the test of the ZA outdoor scene....

Otherwise its GREAT to practice on!

Komplete Audio 6 are great cards, but the company who brings them into SA marks them up way too much, so they are priced out of the market. Have a look at sumthing like the Focusrite Scarlet 8i6 or Saffire 6 USB.

Peace!

Tech Student

Ye dude I actually have a friends saffire 6 here atm, I just need some adapters coz I have a 1/8" jack on my headphones and speakers atm. Ye thats why I want the mixtrack for now really, I just want to start practicing and making some mixes at home for now and hopefully start getting out there by next year(probably some indoors first ). How difficult is it to get out in the scene and starting to play regularly. Also what is your DJ name if you dont mind me asking?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by EpicZA View Post
    Ye dude I actually have a friends saffire 6 here atm, I just need some adapters coz I have a 1/8" jack on my headphones and speakers atm. Ye thats why I want the mixtrack for now really, I just want to start practicing and making some mixes at home for now and hopefully start getting out there by next year(probably some indoors first ). How difficult is it to get out in the scene and starting to play regularly. Also what is your DJ name if you dont mind me asking?
    My DJ Name is Glitch, im signed to Psybliminal Records and dropping my Debut album within the next few weeks, we focus on the underground side of things. Personally I'm not to sure because I actually started as a producer (then started DJing hehehe) so it took me a LOT longer to find my own style and start sending out demo's. But in the ZA scene (as with alot of scenes around the world im sure) its all about marketing yourself and putting yourself on the map. Having said that, I have seen guys (terrible at mixing) who just know people get very far, very quickly.

So theres a bit of "who you know" up in the mix too

Tech Student

Awesome dude I would love to hear it! Ye i totally get what you mean, I am hopefully going to do a production/DJing course with Rubix Qube as soon as I have saved enough money and he said he will also help organise your first gigs and stuff so that should help a bit I am hoping. I just really love psytrance and am hoping to get somewhere with it haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast