A problem - Carry CD Cases on flight?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IanSniesko

Default A problem - Carry CD Cases on flight?

Last edited by IanSniesko; 07-10-2012 at 11:48 AM.

If you tell them why you have so many CDs if they ask, I'm sure you won't have a problem.

I doubt they will even ask...I've seen much stranger things being carried onto a plane.

Edit: I doubt you will have to do someone in the airport. Just playing bud And welcome to the forums!
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

IanSniesko

Thank you!

That in unless you don't have a work visa.... If you bring that in on a tourist visa, they will put you on the next flight home.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Guru

I'd think you are going to be fine. If you are really worried pack a cheap portable cd player so it looks like you just love your music.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    That in unless you don't have a work visa.... If you bring that in on a tourist visa, they will put you on the next flight home.
    As long as you aren't DJing anywhere for hire you're fine. So, for example, you're visiting a DJ friend to collaborate and create music together, not playing for hire. Also, as long as you own the music your carrying there won't be a problem. So, for example, the burned disks you have are simply backups of your original disks you own that you have at home.

Totally disagree. As a non-American who has traveled back and forth to the US for years and who now lives here I can tell you that it wont wash. They wont care that the discs are burned, they care they you "look" like you "might" work. Whether you get paid or not is immaterial - if immigration consider it "work", it's work and they will not grant you entry. They will not understand, nor care to understand that there is a difference between being a DJ for fun or commercially.

I am not trying to be a fear monger here but this isn't something to mess with. The minute you raise any kind of flag with immigration, it will go on your record that will be tied to your passport. That can mean having problems any time you try to enter the country in the future and if you were to be denied entry one time, you may not be allowed back in for years.

Dont mess around with this stuff. Also, dont rely on anyone here (myself) included for cast iron information. Research this on US immigration forums, not Dj forums.

Safest bet is to rip and upload it. Will take a while and is a pain in the ass but...
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post

Safest bet is to rip and upload it. Will take a while and is a pain in the ass but...
    That is good advice... better to not risk anything.

i would mail some cds to the states via snail mail just in case.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

IanSniesko

But there must be a way. A lot of Dj's take their CD Cases on flight, but the question is: How?

Most of my Cds are burned, but they're all bought on Beatport. Does it have any problem with burned discs?

I think they are not going to open my bag and check all the Cds, if it happen, it's just explain. But the problem is that they may not understand the reason I'm taking 250 Cds on flight. Why an ilegal seller would want to know the Bpm of his tracks? But the question is that: How the famous Dj's take their cases on flight?

Maybe if I declare to the customs...
    Last edited by IanSniesko; 10-15-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast