really starting to dislike the xone 92
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default really starting to dislike the xone 92

just wondering if anyone else has had the same issues... i play at two venues weekly, on fridays i use a pioneer djm 700 and on thursdays and sundays a xone 92, i know they are both great mixers however im getting really annoyed with the 92, i like to feally mess about with eq's and mash the line faders, however the faders feel really light and if i slam it to the top for a sharp cut-in it bounces back down, and i feel like the eq's are really close together and when quickly cutting one eq i knock the other next to it and it really screws the mix up for me.

whereas on the flip side the pioneer seems much more sturdy and plenty of space between eq's.

i was just wondering if any of you guys have found this with the xone 92 and how did you adjust to compensate??

thanks in advance.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Sounds like the xone's taken a lot of abuse for the faders and eqs to be that loose. The faders aren't supposed to bounce back and the pots should be rather tight.

Quote Originally Posted by bumtsch View Post
    Sounds like the xone's taken a lot of abuse for the faders and eqs to be that loose. The faders aren't supposed to bounce back and the pots should be rather tight.
    Yeah, I usually found it the other way around when it came to the EQs. The line faders are just different feeling but I never had a problem with bounce back.

I disagree wholeheartedly, but my fingers fit between the knobs on the 92 just fine, and having the high-mid to tune snares and claps is amazing enough that it's worth it being cramped.

On the other hand, I feel like everything Pioneer makes other than the CDJ-1000 and CDJ-2000 feel like amateurish toys, and yes I've laid hands on all of their mixers. I think the 92 is hands-down better.

I own a 700 and regularly use a 92 mixer and personally think the 92 is a far better built mixer in all aspects. The 92 you use must have taken a good beating in its time.

Tech Mentor

My xone 42 faders are light also, so I know what your talking about. Although, my EQ's never give me the problems you mentioned.

Banned

Why in the world are you abusing any mixer, much less a Xone92 like that? No need to look like you're having a seizure back there mate.

I like to relate DJing to sex. If you're back there jerking around no girls going to want you around her vagoo.

Quote Originally Posted by angelo50 View Post
    i recreation at two venues weekly, on fridays i use a innovator djm 700 and on thursdays and sundays a xone 92, i bang they are both majuscule mixers nevertheless im deed really nettled with the 92, i equal to feally messiness near with eq's and comminute the communicating faders, yet the faders reason really pastel and if i triumph it to the top for a knifelike cut-in it bounces endorse plumage, and i look same the eq's are real contiguous succeeding to it and it rattling screws the mix up for me.
    uh.... what?!? Bot nonetheless
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by angelo50 View Post
    i recreation at two venues weekly, on fridays i use a innovator djm 700 and on thursdays and sundays a xone 92, i bang they are both majuscule mixers nevertheless im deed really nettled with the 92, i equal to feally messiness near with eq's and comminute the communicating faders, yet the faders reason really pastel and if i triumph it to the top for a knifelike cut-in it bounces endorse plumage, and i look same the eq's are real contiguous succeeding to it and it rattling screws the mix up for me.
    last night must have been a good one, I can't understand a word of that !

"tinnitus for the eyes!"
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Why in the world are you abusing any mixer, much less a Xone92 like that? No need to look like you're having a seizure back there mate.
    Some blog state DJing is all about button smashing, Jebus poses and body movement... must start somewhere
    I like to relate DJing to sex. If you're back there jerking around no girls going to want you around her vagoo.
    Kinda true... Sliding something hard with your hands or finger, button twisting, fit something into another, make some pleasant noise, push on some button, back and forth movements, tempo changes... each it's own method
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast