just posting because i use make all these mixes in traktor
    Tech Convert

Default just posting because i use make all these mixes in traktor

but i wanted to see what people thought since i don't really get much feed back. but i've running a podcast for the last 6 months & i have a lot of subscribers which says something but i was hoping some people would be down to check it out & maybe give a little constructive feedback or not. all these mixes are in traktor pro. i use a korg nanopad & m-audio xsession pro mixer & for everything else i just use the keyboard. i use this set up live too.

anyways. check it out.

bassface.podomatic.com

word

Quote Originally Posted by Artax View Post
    but i wanted to see what people thought since i don't really get much feed back.

Trying to get other people to listen to your mix is hard. It takes the audience time to DL the tracks, time to get a handle on what you're trying to do. It's all energy that could be used elsewhere.

If you want people to listen to our mix, think about the process from the listener's point of view.

1. I get offered tens of hour long mixes every day - newmixes.com, compilations, relisten to old gems. Why should I choose your mix above something I know is good?
    2. Make it easy to get the tracks, don't make me use one of those "wait 60 seconds to DL" dropsites.
    3. Give ma a tracklisting, a mix length and a summary of what to listen for. Better still, highlight the best bit with a timecode ("Check out 12:45 when I mix A into B using the Traktor Filterbazoomboinger! Awesome.")
    4. Don't start with "Yeah, well I was very drunk when I made this, so I don't know how good it is..." If it's not a special mix to you, why should I bother?

or litle youtube 10minmixes where u can drop in all ur knowledge
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

I honestly prefer recording short, tenminmixes. As someone who doesn't have the patience to listen to an hour long mix themselves, I don't expect others to either.

my sentiments exactly! oh and btw, i posted a question how to actualy make one of my tenminmix into youtube video, if you guys have any tips, plz feel free to share your 2 cents, thx

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3866
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Fatlimey, tnx for that info. Haven't thought of it that way.
    I personally like to make cd-s with latest mix. That way I obligate people to listen with something that is physical. Sadly latest technical developments are imposing that I should be handing out mp3players.
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Tech Convert

thank you all for the ideas. but you've kind of missed the point of what i was going for which was for you to listen to the mix in your spare time & write me what you think. in a world where everything is based off self promotion & hype, i'd rather let the mixes speak for themselves without my emotional attachment influencing your expectations.

thank you all anyways

Tech Convert

oh...& ToS

maybe you should invest in small flash drives instead of handing them mp3 players. i think they're cheap anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Trying to get other people to listen to your mix is hard. It takes the audience time to DL the tracks, time to get a handle on what you're trying to do. It's all energy that could be used elsewhere.

If you want people to listen to our mix, think about the process from the listener's point of view.

1. I get offered tens of hour long mixes every day - newmixes.com, compilations, relisten to old gems. Why should I choose your mix above something I know is good?
    2. Make it easy to get the tracks, don't make me use one of those "wait 60 seconds to DL" dropsites.
    3. Give ma a tracklisting, a mix length and a summary of what to listen for. Better still, highlight the best bit with a timecode ("Check out 12:45 when I mix A into B using the Traktor Filterbazoomboinger! Awesome.")
    4. Don't start with "Yeah, well I was very drunk when I made this, so I don't know how good it is..." If it's not a special mix to you, why should I bother?
    +10!
    thats effin good advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.