Education Edition

Default Education Edition

Hey so I am ready to buy Traktor 3 and I see that I can get a academic version for alot cheaper than buying it.

How does that work I tried looking it up, but like do I only get to use it for a certain amount of time like a 3 year license or something, or do I get the full version its just cheaper for students.

As with any educational software, the lower price is only for a school or institution to avail of. You would need a institute identification number to get the discount. Full price is what the rest of us suckers have to pay
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

As far as I understood, education editions also count for students. A lot of places require a copy of your student id and might ask for verification such as proof of enrollment.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    As far as I understood, education editions also count for students. A lot of places require a copy of your student id and might ask for verification such as proof of enrollment.

I can handle that I will call and see cause I am enrolled right now and if I can get it a little cheaper then why not right?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

yeah, makes me wish I got into this stuff while I was in college, or maybe I'll just re-enroll.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Im not sure if this applies to Traktors education edition but some educational software is not updatable (not sure if thats a real word). For example if you had Logic Pro 7 Acedemic version you could not buy the upgrade to Logic Pro 8 and update. You would have to purchase the full version or the acedemic version of 8.