Sub help: 2 Ksub or 1 KW181 ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sub help: 2 Ksub or 1 KW181 ?

Trying to decide. Any feedback?

Thanks

in my experience, one big sub always beats 2 little ones...

Hmm I would be interested to hear how they sounded side by side and I'm no expert here. One big sub might sound better and be cheaper, but it would be kind of nice to have two ksubs so you can poll mount each of your speakers on top of them instead of having to use any tripod stands- it would make for a bit of a cleaner setup.

Tech Wizard

I have the KW 181, it is amazing and never compromises clarity for being an 18. It does feel that it doesn't get as loud as I need it to be at times (along side my 2 k12s) so if you feel the 2 Ksubs will be louder get those! If not get the Kw 181 for sure

Quote Originally Posted by wattersb View Post
    I have the KW 181, it is amazing and never compromises clarity for being an 18. It does feel that it doesn't get as loud as I need it to be at times (along side my 2 k12s) so if you feel the 2 Ksubs will be louder get those! If not get the Kw 181 for sure
    Well that's the thing. I have no idea. With your experience with the KW181 how do you feel 2 ksubs will sound compared to one kw?

Tech Guru

look at the electro voice 18" powered sub...i've heard really good things but have never had a chance to test it.

You should describe your application instead of posting "Trying to decide. Any feedback Thanks".... ... .. .

KW181 will spank 2 Ksubs, period. Cheaper than 2 Ksubs, much deeper range and if you're mobile you'll have less gear to haul. If you're a bedroom DJ get some K12's and call it a day.

Well small events like house parties.

Bump... I mostly do small events, house parties.

Edit: Didn't notice you are using K12's, do you find they are unsufficient for house parties? Just get a KW181 you won't regret saving hundreds of dollars and not having to haul TWO lesser subs.
    Last edited by inverted83; 10-17-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast