Kontrol X1

Thread: Kontrol X1

Default Kontrol X1

Hey guys, does anyone know what the CC# is for the shift button on the Kontrol X1? I looked in the controller editor, but it doesn't have a cc# for the shift button so if you guys could help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
    DJ Setup: Serato DJ/(2) Vestax V7/Ecler Nuo 2.0// Production Setup: Logic Pro 9/M-Audio i-Control/M-Audio Keystation Mini 32/NI Audio 2 DJ/13" 2.3GHz MBP 500GB HD OSX Lion/AIAIAI TMA-1/Roland TR-707//

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Shift and Hotcue buttons can't be mapped because they don't send any midi data, they just act as hardwired modifiers.

So does that mean if I'm mapping these X1's for a different program (Torq), they can't be set as shift buttons for the program? because whenever I try to use the shift on the kontrol, it won't work in the program. Also, on another note, how do I assign one of the Kontrol X1's in the controller editor to register as "Kontrol X1-1" and "Kontrol X1-2"? Because when I attach both at the same time, it says I have two of the same named controllers connected
    DJ Setup: Serato DJ/(2) Vestax V7/Ecler Nuo 2.0// Production Setup: Logic Pro 9/M-Audio i-Control/M-Audio Keystation Mini 32/NI Audio 2 DJ/13" 2.3GHz MBP 500GB HD OSX Lion/AIAIAI TMA-1/Roland TR-707//

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

the shift layer remains intact, just make sure it's light is lit. you do lose the hotcue button tho.

ok sounds good. Thanks for your help! do you know how to assign two different names to two different kontrol x1's in the controller editor so that they can both be attached at the same time?

Thanks for your help padi!