Can you Connect Ableton Live with Serato Itch on the mac

Default Can you Connect Ableton Live with Serato Itch on the mac

Firstly great forum...

Im purchasing a VCI 300 and want to know Can you connect ableton live with serato itch?

There are videos and guides on how to connect Ableton Live with Traktor Pro together, using soundflower from cycling 74 and mac os integrated IAC driver. But haven't yet found anything for serato itch.

Help would be much appreciated.

Why not just give it a try?

If I look at it, sound and midi should not be that different from the TS and Ableton setup.
    But that's me.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

You wont be able to use DVS if you do so, i know that much.

Moniker should be able to answer the question properly though when shes around.

Id be waiting to see what the Serato Ableton thing pulls out of their hat personally - hopefully that shouldnt be too far off, but i guess we will see.

no, as far as i know it's not possible, because itch just uses the vci-300's inbuilt soundcard as sound-device and it's not possible to specify which audio device you want to use.
    and that's a prerequisite to route audio in any other application.

itch is just itch, it's a great piece of software (what it can do it does extremely well), but it's not in any way expandable and that's why there are plenty users that like itch but use the 300 with traktor instead.

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Oops i completely glossed over the VCI-300 part lol - Morbido is right here.

If you wernt using the VCI-300 then what i said above would apply.

Thanks for the answers much appreciated.....
    I have been researching into this and came across a post on another forum on a way around this, link below...

Will this work as effectively as the traktor/ableton connection?? The information in the link is abit to technical for me, wandering if you guys could give some feedback on it.

http://www.prodjforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7361

Regards

Thats a pretty shady approach, i wouldnt do that at all.

Its only routing the output master of itch into Ableton - ideally you want to output the different channels into Ableton and mix them internally in Ableton.

Follow one of the many tutorials 2 tutorials we have on the site -
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/05/1...ableton-4-mac/

or

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3816

These both are superoir methods of audio routing.

Unfortunately until Serato Itch gets "live feed" there's no way to route Ableton's audio into Serato.

I've accomplished getting Ableton feeds into Serato Scratch Live....But yeah, you need Version 1.9 or above to accomplish that. And unfortunately Itch just doesn't have the live feed feature incorporated yet.

Sorry!
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)