Flight with DJ equipment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Flight with DJ equipment

Hello, DJTT!

I will have flight from USA to Russia this Saturday, so I have a question. I want to carry my equipment (laptop, S4, APC20) in hand luggage. Can I have any problems with TSA (Transportation Security Administration)? Can they stop me because I carry lot of strange things with buttons and lights?

May be someone already had same experience?

I'm nervous a little about this trip...
    S4, X1, Numark TT200, Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.1

not to sure about the russian leg of the trip, but I flew with pretty much the same gear from america to australia with it all on me as hand luggage, and the most I got was a lot of friendly questions from curious cabin staff about the s4.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Tech Convert

Zaniac, thak you for your reply.

I hope that I will not have any problem with Russian customs, my only concern is about security check in LAX, because people who does not know anything about DJing can think that my stuff is doomsday weapon

But I hope that airport staff see a lot of same equipment every day.

Tech Wizard

got a funny story, i was on my way to a gig, and at the airport security check they ask to remove all electronics from ur bag, so I took out everything except for my folded up laptop stand which was wrapped in a hoody so it wudnt damage my gear. Then it goes thru the x-ray, i look at the screen and in my bag it looks like an uzi wrapped in a jacket!!! Hahaha, the security started freaking out, so did I. Needless to say I learnt my lesson its now the first thing that comes out my bag at the airport lol
    - Focusrite Saffire Pro24 - Novation Remote 25sl mk2 -
    - Korg MS-10 - Korg KAOSS Pad KP3 - Vestax VCI-300 -
    - Alesis m1active mk2 - Shure SRH-750-DJ - Akai LPD8 -

LOL....an UZI!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

crazy
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

i hate those.. usually not a security problem, but the thing is when you actually remove entire content of the luggage because everything you have is electronics/pieces of metal... lol
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Wizard

you'll be fine with carrying your laptop, and apc

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    i hate those.. usually not a security problem, but the thing is when you actually remove entire content of the luggage because everything you have is electronics/pieces of metal... lol
    And they are all too hasty to Empty the bag, but they leave you to pack everything back alone! hahaha

I thought my KAOSS pad looked a bit like a nuclear launch device haha
    - Focusrite Saffire Pro24 - Novation Remote 25sl mk2 -
    - Korg MS-10 - Korg KAOSS Pad KP3 - Vestax VCI-300 -
    - Alesis m1active mk2 - Shure SRH-750-DJ - Akai LPD8 -

Tech Convert

Thank you all guys.

So, as I understood, main point is to pack my luggage to be able easy take out my equipment from a bag for security check.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast