RE: How to land a sponsorship

Default RE: How to land a sponsorship

So the last blog i read on here got me quite interested, read here LINK

So i sent out a few emails to companies offering my services and promote [enter your company here] to the clubbing scene of Scotland.
    Mentioned that i had a friday night residency to 3-400 people and regular saturday night guest spots

I emailed
    Numark
    Stanton
    Vestax
    Denon
    Akai
    M-audio
    And Pioneer (why not ae?)

Numark, Stanton, Akai and Vestax all replied with the same reply,

'I just need to understand what you are looking for exactly before responding further.'

And this is where im stuck, how do i say i want to be sponsored without it sounding like, "im 5dollaholla give me free shitz"
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Some might say if you cant answer that yourself, then your not worth it!

You need to tell them how there products are going to be seen and how there brand is going to be improved advertised? Are you going to put there name/logo on flyers? do you do a radio show that you can name drop them ie sponsered by numark jingles, can you use a webcam to live stream you djing and it shows what equipment you use?, and what do you need exactly? if you tell denon its 2 cdjs and a mixer, well I doubt your going to get that! Do you have a facebook fan page with loads of people following.

Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    Some might say if you cant answer that yourself, then your not worth it!

You need to tell them how there products are going to be seen and how there brand is going to be improved advertised? Are you going to put there name/logo on flyers? do you do a radio show that you can name drop them ie sponsered by numark jingles, can you use a webcam to live stream you djing and it shows what equipment you use?, and what do you need exactly? if you tell denon its 2 cdjs and a mixer, well I doubt your going to get that! Do you have a facebook fan page with loads of people following.
    exactly ^ Every time someone is sponsored for anything, the question is- What do they get in return? Are you worth the risk and money? will you be a positive promotion? etc etc I would present to them the same way you would bringing a resume into a high level position job interview and it's you vs the best. Present your cards, don't ask for money or product. Make it look like they are the ones who will receive a greater reward accepting you. They want increased sales and "branding" of their name. make sure thats something your going to do for them.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ST.PE` View Post
    exactly ^ Every time someone is sponsored for anything, the question is- What do they get in return? Are you worth the risk and money? will you be a positive promotion? etc etc I would present to them the same way you would bringing a resume into a high level position job interview and it's you vs the best. Present your cards, don't ask for money or product. Make it look like they are the ones who will receive a greater reward accepting you. They want increased sales and "branding" of their name. make sure thats something your going to do for them.
    This. You are essentially trying to work for them. Why should they hire you? As far as what you want, start small and work your way into more stuff.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x