Dj-tech I-Mix Club Edition Midi Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dj-Tech I-Mix Club Edition Midi Map

Hey Guys.

I've been a fan of this forum for some time now and found it to be very helpful for us in many areas so thanks for that. So i've been having trouble finding a good mapping for my I-Mix Club controller, or at all actually. I was back to my hory (Kiwi slang lol) keyboard for most stuff and just using the controller for cue play etc.
    So it was a learning process getting it all mapped out from scratch, having little to no midi knowledge what so ever (hey my job is to get drunk and get first pick of the girls, not sort out the gear haha kidding).
    Thanks to mainly one of Eans posts regarding modifiers (cheers bro) i finally clicked and got the wheels scratching, pitch bending, filter and D/W for the FX section. absolutely brilliant now cheers again!

Any way here is what i came up with if it helps anyone who uses this then cool i know its not the Vestax but couldn't squeeze the 1K for one at the time
    Last edited by Jester; 06-14-2009 at 02:02 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Hi Jester,
    How do you feel about the I-Mix after testing?
    I would like to learn more about I-Mix, would you please let me know:
    - USB 2.0 or 1.1?
    - Centre click of the EQ knobs and Pitch fader?
    - The length of the Fader/Crossfader?
    - Jogwheel size?
    - changeable EQ knobs, Fader and Pitch fader?
    - Midi latency?
    Thanks for the reply.

Yeah i'm liking it actually, wanted the Reload or the VCI-100 originally but couldn't stretch to either at the time and had our first show the following week.
    I think for the price its a good deal.
    Pretty standard features all round i think. 3 EQ's with kills (they don't "click" in the middle if that's what you were asking). Minimal FX section, Loop Stuff, key lock sync, all the standard stuff. Pitch faders have a nice feel and click in the middle. Adjustable crossfader if you want to use it for scratching or whatever. I think about 3 1/2" to 4" travel. The crossfader is quite light tho i must say and sensitive.
    I'm not a midi expert but its pretty much instantaneous reponse as far as i can tell. U can run separate power or power through the usb whatever you prefer. Not a massive amount of extra knobs etc but with a few midi modifiers its a very functional unit all in all. wheels are smallish and not touch sensitive but have a nice solid feel + i've had no trouble with them at all.
    Comes with Traktor LE and Deckadance LE also.
    I got mine set up now so that when the track is paused, the wheel scratches, when it is playing, its tempo bend (finally!). hold down one modifier and it engages the filter and turning the wheel is the level on that, hold down another modifier and the wheel controlls the D/W on the FX section. So for me its mapped out to all the functions i would use.

Overall if you are on a budget its a good start, but personally i will be upgrading to the behringer ddm-4000 or similar in the next 3 months or so. Hope this helps mate

Last edited by Jester; 03-09-2009 at 06:46 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Thanks for your reply.
    Is it USB 2.0?

yep

i sure would like a traktor 3 .tks mapping for my dj-tech i-mix. i can't get my jog wheels to do much of anything...but everything else works nicely. or can someone let me know of the way your suppose to map the jog wheels.because the learn function isn't cutting it for the jog wheels.

Sorry i cant help with that. I'm always tweaking the controls on the i-mix for my friend who owns it now. If there was a way to convert a tsi to a tks that would help i guess.
    I just updated the original thumbnail too.
    Last edited by Jester; 06-14-2009 at 02:02 AM.

Question Problem with effect knobs

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Hey Guys.

I've been a fan of this forum for some time now and found it to be very helpful for us in many areas so thanks for that. So i've been having trouble finding a good mapping for my I-Mix Club controller, or at all actually. I was back to my hory (Kiwi slang lol) keyboard for most stuff and just using the controller for cue play etc.
    So it was a learning process getting it all mapped out from scratch, having little to no midi knowledge what so ever (hey my job is to get drunk and get first pick of the girls, not sort out the gear haha kidding).
    Thanks to mainly one of Eans posts regarding modifiers (cheers bro) i finally clicked and got the wheels scratching, pitch bending, filter and D/W for the FX section. absolutely brilliant now cheers again!

Any way here is what i came up with if it helps anyone who uses this then cool i know its not the Vestax but couldn't squeeze the 1K for one at the time
    Hi,
    Very nice job on the tsi you made but first i wanted to ask you, im using i-mix the plain version not club, does it matter?
    secondly for which version of traktor pro does this tsi work with better (im using traktor pro scratch edtion 1.1)?
    and to close, with the tsi you created i just cant find the control that turns the effects knobs in traktor, with the original tsi i have to you use the jog dials after pressing select in i-mix to lock the effect. Also when i try to search a track using the filter on the left side traktor hangs and i have to restart the app.

Excellent work on the TSI....been looking for this too

Hey guys. Here's the new mapping i did for Traktor 1.2.5. Plenty of tweaks and hidden gems. Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast