Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 103
Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1126

IMG_1384.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by NoizeuNit View Post
    pics!
    Xone DB4, Technics 1200 MK5 x2, Technics MK3 x1, Serato SL1, Novation Dicers, Sennheiser Adidas HD25
    Always uploading new mixes to https://soundcloud.com/djskullduggery

Tech Mentor

Has anybody done this with the DB4 using Midi (taken from another forum):

I am mapping via midi to act like "the bridge" and record mixer automation.*My solution to my original post. Set channels 1-4 at, say, 0db and keep them fixed. Then midi map DJ equivalent midi controls to channels 5-8.*At the end of the mix...*Ext in 1&2 records the live "as is" mix (audio DB4)*Tracks 1-4 record clip firing (done from my monome)*Tracks 5-8 capture all mixer automation, fader, Gain Hi, Med, low etc etc. I then combine tracks 1&5, 2&6, 3&7 and 5&8. I now have the full mix to edit in arrangement view.*I am new to the arrangement view, so this is a great opportunity for me to gain experience with post production and any editing.

Wait- can you control the DB4 via midi input?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Default Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread

So, after all my 'adventures' with DJ'ing in Ableton, Traktor and a Pioneer DJM-800 and Traktor and a A&H Xone 92, I've decided that the DB4 is still my mixer of choice... I'm utilizing different setups, but I'm always coming back to the mighty Traktor + DB4 combination.

The only problem is; I don't own it yet. But it's coming, in about a few months.

What i really like about the DB4 are the FX and possibilities with it. It's almost fully MIDI mappable and its Record Out via USB is so clean. I've played with it a couple of times now and am loving it more and more. I'm planning on using it with two Kontrol X1s, a Kontrol F1 and a Maschine. Still arguing (with myself) whether I simply should route the Maschine via Ableton into Deck D from Traktor (which I will utilize as a Remix Deck) or give it its own channel on the MIC Channel on the DB4.

Once Bitwig comes out, I'm planning on writing a JavaScript for the Kontrol F1, since writing in JavaScript is much easier than in Python (from the looks of it). PS what are your opinions about writing in JavaScript vs. writing in Python?

I'm also curious whether I should wait for an update of the Kontrol X1. A Kontrol X2 would be awesome, if it had the Xone-like USB linking capabilities (X-Link) or a build-in USB Hub. I don't know if RGB colors on the X2 should make sense, but it's a nice gimmick, just like on the Maschine MK2.

So who's utilizing the DB4 with Maschine or an Ableton channel like Dubfire?
    Last edited by JDFS; 03-11-2013 at 03:05 AM.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

While I am a programming newbie the syntax for python seems much friendlier than Javascript. Fewer random bits of punctuation to accidentally miss :P

Hello world in python is
    Code:
    print 'Hello World'
    It's like baby's first programming language

So can you do Bitwig controller scripting in python? I thought it was Javascript only?

Bitwig scripting is only in JavaScript IIRC. Then again, I'm a newbie too so maybe Python isn't that difficult. But my needs aren't that demanding. Just a basic clip launcher, a Step Sequencer and some other basic things, like RGB feedback. That last one is the most difficult, I think.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

I think python was specifically designed to be newbie friendly so you won't have any trouble with it I'm sure.

So if Bitwig is Javascript only how come we're talking about python?

Well, I'd like to take the plunge. So, I'm preparing to go through a hell-of-a-lot of documentation!

We're talking about it because I also mentioned Ableton . What did you make in Python then? I'm curious.

Nothing DJ related, yet!

So what's the deal with this Feb 2013 file? Is this more or less up to date than the Nov 2012 FW version 2.0? The readme on the 2013 file says it's Audio Firmware 1.2.0 but Driver 2.2.3. Which should I be using with my Mac?

Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 6.38.55 PM.jpg
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan