Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 118
Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1210

Yes. Well worth it for the filters.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Is anyone using Serato DJ Club Kit with their DB4 yet?
    Just set it up on the 14 day trial and seems to work perfectly. That said, I've got CDJ HID issues with SDJ so if anyone can help pls check my latest thread!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Just set it up on the 14 day trial and seems to work perfectly. That said, I've got CDJ HID issues with SDJ so if anyone can help pls check my latest thread!
    I've used it since the club kit first came out, works great

Tech Convert

Default Is it possible to send the detected BPM/clock to Ableton?

I have some CDJs and turntables connected to the DB2. The DB2 accurately detects the BPM of what I am playing. Is it possible to have the DB2 (DB4) send the detected clock/pattern to Ableton Live 9. I know that it's possible to send a fixed BPM clock (not the one the mixer has detected) from the mixer to Ableton, but I would like to send the detected clock/pattern. I also know that it's possible to setup the CDJs and turntables in Traktor or Serato (using timecode for vinyl) and then sync Traktor and Serato with Ableton, but I would like to avoid this, if possible.

Tech Mentor

I did not update this thread...
    I've had the DB4 for a week now, and even yesterday played my first live broadcast DJ set with it

shameless plug: https://chew.tv/djrickdawson/the-tra...al-rick-dawson

I'm now looking at the more advanced things to do with it.

I eq mix between tracks. but I want to be able to use the channel filters to manipulate tracks between mixes.
    If I set everything to be at zero (eqs all at 12 o'clock) and switch to the filters, they alter the sound.
    as to have the same as setting the eqs at 12 o'clock require the hi filter to max, and low filter to min.

looking for a seamless way to switch from eq to filters and back.

one way I've thought of is to have one input on a channel using eq, and playing fader up.
    another channel taking the same input, set to filters hi at max low at min, fader down.
    then do a quick as possible swap with the faders.

Another thing I want to do is, if possible a long echo or reverb tail at the end of a track.

any other ideas that you have?

Quote Originally Posted by djrickdawson View Post
    I eq mix between tracks. but I want to be able to use the channel filters to manipulate tracks between mixes.
    If I set everything to be at zero (eqs all at 12 o'clock) and switch to the filters, they alter the sound.
    as to have the same as setting the eqs at 12 o'clock require the hi filter to max, and low filter to min.
    That's correct - that's how it's supposed to work. You leave them in that position and then filter out as you need; you end up mixing using the filters and the resonance control.

one way I've thought of is to have one input on a channel using eq, and playing fader up.
    another channel taking the same input, set to filters hi at max low at min, fader down.
    That's possible if you want to be able to switch back and forth like that, though it seems a lot of trouble. I just mix using the filters. Then when friends come over who aren't used to that format I switch it for them, but I don't want to waste an extra channel to go back and forth. But if it's important to do both that seems to be the only seamless way to do it (that or only switch when the channel fader is turned off, of course).

Another thing I want to do is, if possible a long echo or reverb tail at the end of a track.
    The echo and reverb effects are of course built in, and there are multiple options to do this! Personally I prefer the simplicity and efficiency of Traktor's "echo freeze" configuration, but the DB4 effects definitely sound a LOT better.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Convert

Yes, do that! That's the beauty of this mixer is that you can configure and create your own unique workflow and go beyond what any other mixer can offer.

I'm selling mine and gave a demo to someone last night and he was clearly overwhelmed and intimidated by the mixer and all the possibilities.

Tech Mentor

What is the most stable mac os version for running DB4, Xone K2 and Traktor Pro 2 ?? I just got a macbook pro with USB3 slots and am fearing i'll run into issues.....

Quote Originally Posted by nynemusic View Post
    What is the most stable mac os version for running DB4, Xone K2 and Traktor Pro 2 ?? I just got a macbook pro with USB3 slots and am fearing i'll run into issues.....
    No hiccups with usb3, mac os Sierra, latest update from traktor (2.11.00), latest firmware for db4 (1.4.1) and sounddriver (3.3.11) (core-audio and bitaccurate)
    runs like a swiss watch.

K2 should be fine as well
    Emaceratus ? Oh, you mean Hipster Kitty.

Tech Mentor

That is really good to know! Thanks!