Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 21
Page 21 of 121 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Why don't you route a channel through traktor on your sound card and record it in there, then put the audio on the video? Or even line in on the computer and use audacity.
    Alright I could do that I wasn't even thinking about video editing (never really messed with it). I'll play around with it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Could you try it out with some heavy and erratic breakcore + jungle and see how well it picks it up?

Like bong-ra - murda you. Should be 168 bpm I believe. Try it with the intro which is more basic and then reset the bpm thnigy try it from the drop? Plz?
    Just tried that track and the DB4 kept up just fine. Dipped off as much as +-4bpm on some parts, but was steady at 168 through almost the entire track.

Sweet. I'm impressed.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Yeah it does DNB just fine.

I'm mixing and I realize there is potential to easily turn the DB4 into a rotary mixer with a small firmware update. All they would have to do is swap the D/W knob and the volume fader on each channel so the linear fader becomes D/W and the big chunky knob (which by the way is the same knob used on the 92R and Xone: S2) becomes volume.

Seems pretty simple and it is laid out perfectly so that you could actually have a rotary mixer with a firmware update, that is absolutely huge. You could switch between rotary mixer and linear mixer with a press of a button! I'm going to go talk to A&H about this, they must have thought of it...?

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post

I'm mixing and I realize there is potential to easily turn the DB4 into a rotary mixer with a small firmware update. All they would have to do is swap the D/W knob and the volume fader on each channel so the linear fader becomes D/W and the big chunky knob (which by the way is the same knob used on the 92R and Xone: S2) becomes volume.

Seems pretty simple and it is laid out perfectly so that you could actually have a rotary mixer with a firmware update, that is absolutely huge. You could switch between rotary mixer and linear mixer with a press of a button! I'm going to go talk to A&H about this, they must have thought of it...?
    I know I did
    It hit me last night while filming a function check video of the Xone:92 with the DB4 nearby.

this thread is dangerous to my wallet. my first mixer was an allen and heath mix "wizard" and ive always loved a&h because of it.

im still waiting to see if the price comes down some. but when you subtract the cost of a controller and a soundcard out of the price it's not that bad.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 3IJ View Post
    this thread is dangerous to my wallet. my first mixer was an allen and heath mix "wizard" and ive always loved a&h because of it.

im still waiting to see if the price comes down some. but when you subtract the cost of a controller and a soundcard out of the price it's not that bad.
    funny thing is that since this thread started, the price went up lol..

ppl were getting them for 2100 few weeks back and i was just pm'ing with somebody who tried to go to same place but couldnt get lower than 2300.

I guess itll fluctuate for a while but i cant see it dropping below 2000 anytime soon..

Anybody know when the xone92 came out what the street price was and what year it was? Whats the lowest u can grab one of those for now? 1400? That would probably be the best indicator of what to expect long term on these bad boys.

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    I know I did
    It hit me last night while filming a function check video of the Xone:92 with the DB4 nearby.
    I sent a ticket into A&H, lets hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post

Email A&H. Might happen.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

I had a ticket about the rotary option too!