Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 21
Page 21 of 113 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Yeah it does DNB just fine.

I'm mixing and I realize there is potential to easily turn the DB4 into a rotary mixer with a small firmware update. All they would have to do is swap the D/W knob and the volume fader on each channel so the linear fader becomes D/W and the big chunky knob (which by the way is the same knob used on the 92R and Xone: S2) becomes volume.

Seems pretty simple and it is laid out perfectly so that you could actually have a rotary mixer with a firmware update, that is absolutely huge. You could switch between rotary mixer and linear mixer with a press of a button! I'm going to go talk to A&H about this, they must have thought of it...?
    Email A&H. Might happen.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

I had a ticket about the rotary option too!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by kevz718 View Post
    funny thing is that since this thread started, the price went up lol..

ppl were getting them for 2100 few weeks back and i was just pm'ing with somebody who tried to go to same place but couldnt get lower than 2300.

I guess itll fluctuate for a while but i cant see it dropping below 2000 anytime soon..

Anybody know when the xone92 came out what the street price was and what year it was? Whats the lowest u can grab one of those for now? 1400? That would probably be the best indicator of what to expect long term on these bad boys.
    A friend of mine, who works at our country's distributor told me about the price hike before I bought the mixer. He only knew about the hike becuase of oil & gas going up. It cost them more to recieve the units and to ship them out to retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx View Post
    I had a ticket about the rotary option too!
    Nice, a firmwarr rotary mixer switch would be incredible

just a question to any of you d-bags that have this thing....how are you liking the EQs?

do you find yourself preferring the ISO or filter mode?

Quote Originally Posted by 3IJ View Post
    just a question to any of you d-bags that have this thing....how are you liking the EQs?

do you find yourself preferring the ISO or filter mode?
    I switch between EQ and ISO mode, I haven't really messed with the filter mode yet since it's very non traditional and I don't quite have the hang of it.

Rotary update: A&H responded and said they forwarded the idea to the dev team so who knows, it would be cool. If it sounds like something you're interested in you should send a ticket to a&h support as well so they see there is more interest.

What's the advantage of EQ over isolators?

I know the difference but I was asking what the advantage is, I mean you could just turn the isolators down half way and get exactly the same effect as an EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I know the difference but I was asking what the advantage is, I mean you could just turn the isolators down half way and get exactly the same effect as an EQ.
    True but with the ISOs it is very sensitive and turning a little bit does a lot, EQs are much more suited for quicker mixing and are more forgiving. If I am doing bassline swaps or cutting something out for a bar I would rather just yank it all the way to the left instead of having to position it at 9:00 or something. ISO feels very different and you need to pay closer attention and is more for precision EQ surgery.