Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 71
Page 71 of 113 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast

I too accepted that I would eventually get a K2 so I did, picked it up at Hollywood DJ yesterday; pretty sure I won't get another, at least not now. So I have one X1 and one K2 for a totally asymmetrical setup. Haven't had time to mess with the K2 yet though but it is pretty cool and looks nice sitting next to the DB4. But I'm already kind of annoyed that you can't really do anything interesting with X-link yet; I just hope they actually come through with something. I really didn't need another midi controller (though the built in soundcard means this will come on the road with me instead of Audio 8 + VCI-100 if I am doing something low key) but what I do need (or just plain want) is buttons that are programmed to interact with the effects on the DB4. I realize a full mapping solution is unlikely since it would require separate software but it would be great if A+H had preprogrammed mappings for the buttons and knobs that give you specific FX combinations and settings at the click of a button. The interface on the mixer is not difficult to navigate, but how cool would it be if you could get to your favorite settings at the click of a button?

Is anyone using the Traktor Bible mappings for use with the DB4? (http://traktorbible.com/freaks/mappi...x?flavour=xone) I will probably start off with one of those but I also plan to have a standalone mapping for using it on the road; simple all-in-one 4-channel mixer assuming you have no other gear.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

By the way this thread is 77 pages long now for me ... Maybe it's time for an admin to start a separate forum for digital mixers? This thread is way too cumbersome to search through and it would be great to have a specific discussion forum focused just on mixers like the DB4.

Who wants to go in on a hosting acct.. LOL, we will just start a DB4/DB2 forum.. haha
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

Actually a mixer forum would be cool. Doesn't have to be just DB whatever. Maybe also get a Media player/Turntable forum, a controller forum and then a misc. forum
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    what I do need (or just plain want) is buttons that are programmed to interact with the effects on the DB4. I realize a full mapping solution is unlikely since it would require separate software but it would be great if A+H had preprogrammed mappings for the buttons and knobs that give you specific FX combinations and settings at the click of a button. The interface on the mixer is not difficult to navigate, but how cool would it be if you could get to your favorite settings at the click of a button?

Is anyone using the Traktor Bible mappings for use with the DB4? (http://traktorbible.com/freaks/mappi...x?flavour=xone) I will probably start off with one of those but I also plan to have a standalone mapping for using it on the road; simple all-in-one 4-channel mixer assuming you have no other gear.

1. That would be pretty cool and a deal breaker for me.

2. Yes i use it, works good, but a couple of x1's, k2's dn-sc2000's is easier.
    Kontrol X1MK2 <3

Quote Originally Posted by m00n View Post
    Who wants to go in on a hosting acct.. LOL, we will just start a DB4/DB2 forum.. haha
    nah we want a forum here! I don't need yet another forum to visit...

Just curious, does anyone know of any clubs around the world that have a DB4 installed?
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 04-12-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Just curious, does anyone know if any clubs around the world that have a DB4 installed?
    Nope... i only see the xone 92..

The only people I've seen play on them probably bring their own.

Some UK clubs seem to have them installed.
    Kontrol X1MK2 <3