Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 110
Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1126
    Tech Mentor

I did not update this thread...
    I've had the DB4 for a week now, and even yesterday played my first live broadcast DJ set with it

shameless plug: https://chew.tv/djrickdawson/the-tra...al-rick-dawson

I'm now looking at the more advanced things to do with it.

I eq mix between tracks. but I want to be able to use the channel filters to manipulate tracks between mixes.
    If I set everything to be at zero (eqs all at 12 o'clock) and switch to the filters, they alter the sound.
    as to have the same as setting the eqs at 12 o'clock require the hi filter to max, and low filter to min.

looking for a seamless way to switch from eq to filters and back.

one way I've thought of is to have one input on a channel using eq, and playing fader up.
    another channel taking the same input, set to filters hi at max low at min, fader down.
    then do a quick as possible swap with the faders.

Another thing I want to do is, if possible a long echo or reverb tail at the end of a track.

any other ideas that you have?

Quote Originally Posted by djrickdawson View Post
    I eq mix between tracks. but I want to be able to use the channel filters to manipulate tracks between mixes.
    If I set everything to be at zero (eqs all at 12 o'clock) and switch to the filters, they alter the sound.
    as to have the same as setting the eqs at 12 o'clock require the hi filter to max, and low filter to min.
    That's correct - that's how it's supposed to work. You leave them in that position and then filter out as you need; you end up mixing using the filters and the resonance control.

one way I've thought of is to have one input on a channel using eq, and playing fader up.
    another channel taking the same input, set to filters hi at max low at min, fader down.
    That's possible if you want to be able to switch back and forth like that, though it seems a lot of trouble. I just mix using the filters. Then when friends come over who aren't used to that format I switch it for them, but I don't want to waste an extra channel to go back and forth. But if it's important to do both that seems to be the only seamless way to do it (that or only switch when the channel fader is turned off, of course).

Another thing I want to do is, if possible a long echo or reverb tail at the end of a track.
    The echo and reverb effects are of course built in, and there are multiple options to do this! Personally I prefer the simplicity and efficiency of Traktor's "echo freeze" configuration, but the DB4 effects definitely sound a LOT better.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Convert

Yes, do that! That's the beauty of this mixer is that you can configure and create your own unique workflow and go beyond what any other mixer can offer.

I'm selling mine and gave a demo to someone last night and he was clearly overwhelmed and intimidated by the mixer and all the possibilities.

Tech Mentor

What is the most stable mac os version for running DB4, Xone K2 and Traktor Pro 2 ?? I just got a macbook pro with USB3 slots and am fearing i'll run into issues.....

Quote Originally Posted by nynemusic View Post
    What is the most stable mac os version for running DB4, Xone K2 and Traktor Pro 2 ?? I just got a macbook pro with USB3 slots and am fearing i'll run into issues.....
    No hiccups with usb3, mac os Sierra, latest update from traktor (2.11.00), latest firmware for db4 (1.4.1) and sounddriver (3.3.11) (core-audio and bitaccurate)
    runs like a swiss watch.

K2 should be fine as well
    Emaceratus ? Oh, you mean Hipster Kitty.

Tech Mentor

That is really good to know! Thanks!

Tech Wizard

Hope someone can help me here, i'm very new to the DB4 madness! lol
    When using the filters (bottom left and right ones) and the EQ filter, as soon as i put either one of them on, the sound drops and they seem to be instantly on. is this the norm? i got used to other mixers where you select a filter effect, put it on then use the dry/wet to increase from 0 to whatever.
    Not sure if im making sense, hopefully someone can decipher the above lol

Tech Convert

Depends which filter you have selected. The Low Pass Filter will be completely dry at one end and the High Pass Filter will be completely dry at the other end. Switch between the two, and you'll see that depending which filter and which pole your knob is at, it will either come on full wet or full dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Hope someone can help me here, i'm very new to the DB4 madness! lol
    When using the filters (bottom left and right ones) and the EQ filter, as soon as i put either one of them on, the sound drops and they seem to be instantly on. is this the norm? i got used to other mixers where you select a filter effect, put it on then use the dry/wet to increase from 0 to whatever.
    Not sure if im making sense, hopefully someone can decipher the above lol
    Macbook Pro // Traktor Pro // Xone DB4 // Xone K2 // Kontrol F1 // Maschine

Tech Wizard

Thank you for the reply iamscottish, isnt that a bit crazy to have one knob for both of them then? I guess i can use the left filter for high pass and right filter for the low pass.

Or, if you really like mixing with filters, use the filter mixing option instead of the EQ/ISO options. I've grown to love the filter mixing and rarely bother with regular EQ mixing anymore. I also don't bother much with the filters on the bottom unless I want a more dramatic effect. Filter mixing is weird at first but it's kind of addictive; it's the one reason I am still tied to this mixer.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan