Question about doing an article for DJTT
    Tech Guru

Default Question about doing an article for DJTT

Hey guys, i'm planning on submitting an article to the site. I just have a couple of questions.

1) If i'm doing a how-to video how necessary is it for me to do a big written part? I ask because if i'm covering all the instructions in the video it seems like a waste to restate it all in the article. I was just thinking I would do a bit of an introduction and that would be enough.

2) What's the best screen capture software for Mac that will allow me to add in my own text?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Hey guys, i'm planning on submitting an article to the site. I just have a couple of questions.

1) If i'm doing a how-to video how necessary is it for me to do a big written part? I ask because if i'm covering all the instructions in the video it seems like a waste to restate it all in the article. I was just thinking I would do a bit of an introduction and that would be enough.

2) What's the best screen capture software for Mac that will allow me to add in my own text?
    Probably don't need as much as if it was just a written article, but having good bullet points help people follow along while they do something without having to pause and start the video constantly. Plus some people can interpret things better visually with a video and others work better off reading it.

Quicktime starting in 10.6 has screen capture and iMovie will let you edit it all together with text on top.

email editor at djtechtools.com to get in touch and see if they're interested.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x