Long Distance Jam Session

Default Long Distance Jam Session

Would this be possible...

Sync 2 instances of Ableton Live, via internet, so 2 people could jam from 2 different locations in the country

If so, how
    Let your mind wander and your body will follow.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by labrodent View Post
    Would this be possible...

Sync 2 instances of Ableton Live, via internet, so 2 people could jam from 2 different locations in the country

If so, how
    Damn... great Idea!... I think internet relay delay would throw off the internal clocks... if there were an algorithm which took into account this delay and made it uniform for both end users then this might work, but each user would hear the other's movements with a set definite delay depending upon internet connection speeds / network traffic... having trouble envisioning what that would be like in a jam session though.

Well, I figure if systems like the Playstation 3 can sync 128 players to a game like MAG, why couldn't 2 instances of Live be synced.
    Let your mind wander and your body will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by labrodent View Post
    Well, I figure if systems like the Playstation 3 can sync 128 players to a game like MAG, why couldn't 2 instances of Live be synced.
    Because the playstation 3 internet connection is -designed- to do that. Ableton live isn't. You'd have to do quite a lot of tweaking and probably a lot of programming knowledge to do it.