Is the Xone DX worth it?

Default Is the Xone DX worth it?

Cause I can pick one up brand new from Guitar Center for $455.00 AFTER TAX. I know its discontinued but this seems like a really good deal. Is it too good to be true? I don't scratch so the jogs are fine, has anyone noticed anything wrong with the unit besides the jogs?
    Reloop TM4 : Audio6 DJ : Kontrol X1 : Traktor Pro Scratch 2 : Ultrasone DJ1 Pros : Ableton 9 : Launchpad Mini :

I've heard a lot of good things about the unit. If it has what you are interested in, and don't need the jogs really, I think it has the potential to be an excellent controller.

Honestly, if the deal on this had been around before I bought my techs, I probably would have bought the DX.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

My big problem with this mixer is that it's not really a mixer -- it requires that you use a computer with SSL or Traktor installed (or possibly other DJ/MIDI software I assume) to even be able to use it at all. But if you don't see yourself ever playing with plain old vinyl or CDs it's probably a great mixer. Personally I didn't like the build quality on the unit I looked at at guitar center about a year ago, but people who have used it more extensively tell me I'm crazy so maybe I played with a unit with jiggly knobs. Still, for only $2000 more, you could get yourself a DB4
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

i've just never been a fan of it since it came out, there are much better all in ones out there and it's worth spending $100-$200 more on one.

Hey man, if you decide to go with the DX, check out my post in the sell/buy forum and I'll definitely hook you up :-)

Tech Mentor

I have a Xone DX that I got back in August and I love it. I can't really understand DJ Proben's comment about build quality because the thing is rock solid. I use it with Traktor Pro and it works perfectly. It's laid out nicely, the buttons aren't small and they don't feel crammed in. I have used the Denon DN-MC6000 as well and its also really nice but the buttons are smaller and it seems kinda smushed together. The only problem I have heard about with the DX is a play button problem that if you tap hard enough next to the button that it could cause it to engage and stop everything, to me it was kinda like the old addage "doctor, it hurts when I do this" doctor replies " well don't do that" I tried to duplicate the problem but couldn't get it to happen so maybe it's something that didn't happen on all units or something A&H addressed in later builds.
    All in all I am am very pleased with it. For that price, I would go for it.

Tech Wizard

It's good for most needs. The play/pause/ sync/layerbuttons are not the best, but not the worst either. The mixer and soundcard are solid.