Do you beleive this is effective promotion?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you beleive this is effective promotion?

So My friend and i run a small mobile dj thing just for local house parties - 18ths - etc. Anyway, with summer coming around in Sydney, Im thinking of doing one free gig for promotional purposes, so just another party that i could get paid for, but i do it for free, so i can get more exposure over the current year. I think this should be effective but how do you like this poster / Do you think this could work??

Thoughts?

Cheers
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

the idea is great.
    only one catch.
    if you give me a free party and then my friend gets a free party and then we mention how to get one, your exposure gets out there but good dj's dont dj for the public for free.

i would come up with a good coupon, and instead of spending money at random dud parties. organize a public free concert for a college or somewhere you know 100+ people will show if you advertise.

Give me a more defined direction of what you want to do so i can get more specific as well.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

You spelt January & Completely wrong
    Cool idea.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by ST.PE` View Post
    the idea is great.
    only one catch.
    if you give me a free party and then my friend gets a free party and then we mention how to get one, your exposure gets out there but good dj's dont dj for the public for free.

i would come up with a good coupon, and instead of spending money at random dud parties. organize a public free concert for a college or somewhere you know 100+ people will show if you advertise.

Give me a more defined direction of what you want to do so i can get more specific as well.
    The thing is, there is no expenditure on my behalf anymore. I have all the equipment, I don't need to spend any money besides petrol to get to the house :P And it's more of a fact of people at the party, seeing us and thinking... For my 18th later this year, i can have these guys instead of that other mobile dude i've never actually heard play before.

If that makes sense :P

@Jester. Oops :P I always spell both of them wrong :L Will fix now...
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.

cant quite see it but i think "available" is wrong as well (sorry dont mean to be a dick)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    cant quite see it but i think "available" is wrong as well (sorry dont mean to be a dick)
    Hahahaha. Maybe photoshop needs spell check :P All good man. Thanks for the observation (:

Save your projects as .PSD files then you can change stuff easily later if you didn't already know that mate.

no dont get me wroong its good, just don't want to give it all away for free so easily.
    everything is price and demand. youre free so demand will be higher. just dont allow it to become the opposite wants you increase or add a price your demand drops.

it's all about getting the people to you, which is what youre trying to do which is great. Most businesses create talk, stir or word of mout by doing a contest. they get about 200-1000 people enetered into a raffle. they then now have all of those peoples contact info for future contact and advertisement to them. you pick one winner to have their party and use the other peoples contact info to let them no about specials and deals.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Tech Guru

Have a list where people give you their email and you hand them your business card/info AT THE DOOR.
    or have a friend walk around getting info from people. tell them you'll let them know about future parties and send them mixes.

Throw one of your friends/acquaintances a free party.. not random people who only want a one-time free dj. Throw your own parties! promote!!!!! invite girls! take pictures of groups of girls at your parties! add to your portfolio!
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Constructive Criticism.

That is a terrible flyer/poster. The design is very poor.
    I don't think anyone would look twice at it.

There are some talented designers on this forum that could knock something up 100 times better in a few minutes.

I would appeal to the community for some help mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast