Live Mixing In my house?!

Default Live Mixing In my house?!

I'm throwing a rather large party at my house this saturday. Were going to have 2 dj's spinning. I have a really good speaker system that runs throughout my entire house and backyard. First off i can play any music i want through my computer using itunes and it plays perfectly in my house.

Is there anyway i could possibly mix live through the speakers in my house. Would it be possible to set up traktor to be able to connect to itunes so i can hear the music on my live speakers?

I was thinking about doing it through a podcast or radio on the itunes folders but is this live or does it have to be pre recorded?

Thanks!

Is there anyway that i can connect trakt
    ALL I DO IS PARTY HA HA HA

By the way i see on traktor pro above the record button there is another button, is that the button for podcast and or radio?! It looks like it but im not sure how to use it.

I found it, you use the program called ICECAST... anyone have experience setting this up
    Last edited by evan_c; 03-08-2009 at 11:51 AM.

Delete thread please.

You dont want to use icecast for this you will have too much latency when your mixing - just connect your soundcard to the RCA jacks on your amplifier wherever you have the itunes audio jacks running too.

Well my itunes runs off my labtop... everything runs wirelessly in my house so i dont want to fuck shit up.. I found this program Nice Cast.. which u can broadcast over the internet and over a local server for faster response

Tech Guru

you really don't want to have to mix over wireless because the latency will be bad, but if you do there is a program for mac called airfoil. There should be no problem running traktor to the audio input source that itunes uses.

Yeah the latency will be terrible which will really have adverse affects on your mixing.