Got all my music on a external HD for PC... how do i get it onto my mac?

Default Got all my music on a external HD for PC... how do i get it onto my mac?

Hey guys,

i just won a 11'' Macbook air today at work (lucky bastard, i know). I definately plan on at least trying to dj with it since i heard its pretty powerfull (display is a little small though).

My problem is that all my songs are on two external hard drives that are formated for pc. Is there any way that i can get this easily to be compatible with my macbook?

thanks!
    CHRIS Rice aka DJ-X
    http://www.iamdjx.com

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Denon MC6000, Numark TT200, Midi Fighter

You should be able to connect the windows (ntfs) formatted drive to the mac and copy the music from it.

You will not be able to write back to the disk however, but you can get your music off at least.

Quote Originally Posted by spiz View Post
    You should be able to connect the windows (ntfs) formatted drive to the mac and copy the music from it.

You will not be able to write back to the disk however, but you can get your music off at least.
    You need a special driver for that. I use NTFS-3G which is free (well, actually I don't really use it, as I haven't switched on my PC in month so there is no need for using an external NTFS harddrive). It's not particularly fast, but it works and you can read as well as write on NTFS drives using it.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

If the drives of the externals and Mac use the same format, then there should be no problem? I've never had a Mac of my own, but I have brought my external HDD formatted for PCs into my TV occupations class to import songs onto the Macs there.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    You need a special driver for that. I use NTFS-3G which is free (well, actually I don't really use it, as I haven't switched on my PC in month so there is no need for using an external NTFS harddrive). It's not particularly fast, but it works and you can read as well as write on NTFS drives using it.
    No, you do not have to download anything special to read NTFS disks. Just plug and play. OS X 10.3 first introduced this ability. The NTFS 3g gives you the ability to write back to the disks, which seems to be the main reason to use it, which in the case of the OP isn't needed.

I did it via ethernet cable from pc -> mac, probably the fastest way you would do it

OT: DJing on an 11Incher? i feel for your eyes already
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter