Something I've always wondered - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    well there are automatic mastering plugins but I found that it lowered the volume on most of my tracks and made them sound shitty so I dont use them.... it was sposed to boost the tracks and make them sound thicker but didnt really and was made by the makers of mixed in key cant remember the name though
    The things you are trying to do require a lot of learning. The tool you are trying to use (it sounds like Platinum Notes, correct me if I'm wrong) isn't for mastering, but for normalizing the gains of your track library so that you don't have to set your gain structure for each track you mix in during your DJ sets. This is a vastly different mechanical concept from mastering audio, which a lot of audio professionals consider an art form in itself.

Hanging out in the music production board for a while will get you started on your own research into how to do stuff like this. Best of luck and don't get discouraged or defeated if it gets difficult. It's supposed to be.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    The things you are trying to do require a lot of learning. The tool you are trying to use (it sounds like Platinum Notes, correct me if I'm wrong) isn't for mastering, but for normalizing the gains of your track library so that you don't have to set your gain structure for each track you mix in during your DJ sets. This is a vastly different mechanical concept from mastering audio, which a lot of audio professionals consider an art form in itself.

Hanging out in the music production board for a while will get you started on your own research into how to do stuff like this. Best of luck and don't get discouraged or defeated if it gets difficult. It's supposed to be.
    yes its platinum notes, which sounds more on topic then actual audio mastering.... auto gain in traktor does the job fairly well though so thats grand, if not its just a matter of playing by ear and using level meters...
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Convert

It is a Fact that you must know when you produce music:
    you can hear the bass line and kicks much clear and powerfull when you are away from speakers, you can even try this at home, play song and sit behind your desk it sound normal and cant get bassline and kicks clear,now let the music keep play go at the end of the room now you can feel the Low Ferq, in club you are in large place and great speakers so you hear them that way.

Fuck platinum notes and fuck anything the rewrites the track
    sometimes it helps and alot of times it ruins sound quality and adds artifacts
    buy your music from reputable sources like beatport and juno and you shouldnt run into mastering issues much
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12