reply from NI over cpu usage
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default reply from NI over cpu usage

You wrote:
    > I have tried using traktor scratch 2 on a number of machines and the program is causing very
    > high cpu usage on all machines, I am just wondering if this is an issue that is going
    > to be dealt with in the near future I know alot of other users are having the same
    > issue

Hello tom Bruton,

this is not a issue, the fact is that the CPU meter in Traktor does not show the
    real used CPU, but the current state of lthe Audio thread.

This may show up to 50-60 % percent on some computers.

As long as this does not go near 100% you dont have a problem at all.

Best regards
    Stefan, Native Instruments Support Team

there is no reason why traktor would need to use so much cpu in windows task manager. they are just ignoring problems as usual

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    there is no reason why traktor would need to use so much cpu in windows task manager. they are just ignoring problems as usual
    Yeah, there is. Bad coding.

Based on what I've heard, the reason that the sample decks don't have key lock available is that they didn't want to sacrifice performance for that particular feature.

BS.

The fact that Ableton Live exists (and has for so long) means that the only reason is laziness.

That being said…I don't actually have problems with my 08 MacBook. I had to up my latency from 2.5ms to like 5ms. Big fat hairy deal.

I also don't have a legitimate, real-life complaint against NI at the moment. They treated audio 4/8 and s4 owners well with the upgrade as far as I can see, and I really enjoy using their software. If it was coded better, that'd be a plus…but unless the problem is more exaggerated on even older hardware than mine or on windows systems, I think the "extra cpu useage" is academic.

Well the funny thing is is that they are right.
    My real cpu usage is almost none but the cpu meter in TP2 shows im hitting 100% at all times on my desktop that has a PhenomIIx4 at 3.2GHz.
    HERE IS WHERE IT GETS CONFUSING
    So now that we rule out real cpu usage, why am I clipping and dropping out and having my apc40 drop connection? Their coding for Traktor 2's audio engine is flawed is my guess
    BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE TO THE CONFUSION
    Why in the world does my AMD based laptop at 2.5GHz dual core with Windows 7 64 4GB ram run flawlessly in TP2? Now the thought is possibly a problem with the Operating systems possibly?

At the end of the day, they have no idea what they did and nor do we.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

MuzicFreq: I too run a PhenomIIx4 chip. I am not on my TSP2 rig atm, but am pretty sure my CPU meter never hits 100%. Have you disabled power saving at the USB ports and installed the hotfix for USB spikes? http://blog.dubspot.com/optimize-you...ic-production/ check #s 11 and 12. Also, NVidia cards also seem to cause a CPU drain (#14). Hope that helps
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

ctrld

for the record: my 3,5 y/o xp sp3 laptop runs TSP2 like a boss. it's not even worth the effort of installing it on my main machine - nothing to gain.

I've got a 6 month old Asus i5 with 4Gb RAM - I barely saw a blip with TSP1 - did my show on Tuesday with TSP2 and whilst scratching or back cueing was getting audio pops - the only thing I've done to the machine is change TSP 1 for 2 ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by rhombus_77 View Post
    MuzicFreq: I too run a PhenomIIx4 chip. I am not on my TSP2 rig atm, but am pretty sure my CPU meter never hits 100%. Have you disabled power saving at the USB ports and installed the hotfix for USB spikes? http://blog.dubspot.com/optimize-you...ic-production/ check #s 11 and 12. Also, NVidia cards also seem to cause a CPU drain (#14). Hope that helps
    You obviously didnt read my post for my CPU usage is usually sitting at 2-3% in task manager but TP2 shows 100%
    2 completely separate reading and making TP2 readings wrong or reading something else. Also YES OF COURSE MY USB SETTINGS ARE SET UP CORRECTLY! ITS MY FLIPPING GAMING PC FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! lol

Also I did mention I think at TP1 works fine
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Its bad coding! So far we have had TSP2 crash twice! Thank god we haven't even considered gigging with it yet!
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    You obviously didnt read my post for my CPU usage is usually sitting at 2-3% in task manager but TP2 shows 100%
    2 completely separate reading and making TP2 readings wrong or reading something else. Also YES OF COURSE MY USB SETTINGS ARE SET UP CORRECTLY! ITS MY FLIPPING GAMING PC FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! lol

Also I did mention I think at TP1 works fine
    Really dude? I am trying to be helpful and this is your response? Best of luck to you.
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

I'll be waiting a while to purchase tpro2. My tpro1 runs flawlessly and never had an issue with it not once and the only benefit i would get from tpro2 is colored wave forms as i only use 3 decks and very rarely would i use effects in traktor. Saying that i do want to upgrade but why should i with rock solid stability. I also believe that tpro2 is a seriously good upgrade on n.i's part and of course its going to have bugs all software does in its early releases.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast