Is my crowd stupid? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Crowd don't need/want to know what and how you do so... you don't need to know how they cooked a cake to enjoy it huh?
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Mentor

No ofcourse not, but if i tell them how much i enjoyed how they growed the sugarcanes they used to make the sugar that is in the cake... Would be kinda strange right?

"Ignorance is bliss"
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Explaining to this guy the difference between a mashup and a remix and wether or not you did it live probably wasn't the best approach. What you should have done is said thanks, give me your email and I can let you know where to get the track. Now you've connected with him and made him feel special instead of confusing him with the nuances of what we do. More importantly though now you have the email adress of someone who likes the music you play.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

be lucky they didn't ask what that "sync" button was for...

Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

99% of people at clubs don't know what a DJ is doing. That doesn't make them "stupid" though; they're not DJs and don't really have any reason to know.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Explaining to this guy the difference between a mashup and a remix and wether or not you did it live probably wasn't the best approach. What you should have done is said thanks, give me your email and I can let you know where to get the track. Now you've connected with him and made him feel special instead of confusing him with the nuances of what we do. More importantly though now you have the email adress of someone who likes the music you play.
    This ^^

If someone praises your set/tracks always smile, say thanks and remember you just got yourself another fan
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Tech Mentor

Everybody I have talked to about djing (who isn't a DJ) seems to think that we are supposed to be cutting tracks in and out every 5 seconds and making new remix songs on the fly for the whole set. I try to explain to them every time how hard that is to do that much mixing and make it actually sound good and how much planning and stuff goes into just one set.... By the time I am done explaining there minds are elsewhere like a goldfish.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Amen to that.
    Otherwise clubs would just be full of people telling each other how differently they would have done the last mix or "he should play blah blah next"... no-one would be dancing and no-one would be trying to get into the pants of the boy/girl stood next to them.

Thank god for people that just wanna hear some tunes and have a dance.
    They make my life a damn sight easier and more pleasurable.
    yup

Then again some people are pretty stupid
    and if they're at the club every weekend, the odds of them being stupid are multiplied!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    Crowd don't need/want to know what and how you do so... you don't need to know how they cooked a cake to enjoy it huh?

keywee ftw

cake metaphors, nice.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast