Denon DN-SC2000s?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Denon DN-SC2000s?

Hey guys, so I saw the Denon DN-SC2000 and given the price point, features, and generally positive reviews, I was wondering if there's anyone on here with first-hand experience with them. I'd be running them with Virtual DJ and Traktor, both of which are apparently very compatible with this unit. My one question:

I'm just starting out, and I really don't have much need or interest in integrating a 4-deck setup. One of the main selling points these things have is that they are able to control 2 decks with one controller, or 4 decks with 2 controllers. I just want to do 2 decks, 2 controllers. Is this possible without too much trouble? Thanks in advance DJTT

As far as I know, the SC-2000 is set up to control several decks through the use of "pages", where you press a button, and it will flip over to the other deck. So you'd just have to get two, then press the deck change button on one of them and let them be that way permanently.
    i´ll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

I have 2 of them and as long as you get a "four" deck mapping you'll be just fine. If you only want to control 2 decks then you never need to hit the deck change button with 2 controllers. They're nice controllers. Make sure you download the latest firmware which is available on Denon's website.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

Hi Sunshine,

I have one of these and it is very easy to control two decks with. I generally don't like using shift layers, but the led feedback on the 2000 makes it very easy to use.

I'll probably pick up a second unit simply because I like it and it will feel like a bit more of a traditional CDJ setup. As mentioned though this is entirely unnecessary.

My advice would be to start with one unit for two decks and see if you need a second unit.

I've also re-mapped the pitch bend buttons (above the pitch fader) to fine pitch control in Traktor. If you are manually beatmatching you'll probably need to do something similar as the pitch resolution of of the pitch fader is 0.04%.

PS if you haven't managed to get hands on with one these units they are very well built eg magnetic jog wheel, metal casing and parts etc.

Cheers,
    Emmett

I have one and I love it. But I just got the Kontrol S2 so i'll be selling it this week. I know this isnt the correct forum to be talking about selling but keep an eye out on the Buy/Sell form, it should be up with pics/details in a couple days. :-)
    Reloop TM4 : Audio6 DJ : Kontrol X1 : Traktor Pro Scratch 2 : Ultrasone DJ1 Pros : Ableton 9 : Launchpad Mini :

I also wanted to buy a denon but then i fell in love with the reloop contour. the interface edition cost not much more and has a pro sound interface build in. the jogwheel is even bigger then the jog of the denon and you have way more controls.

hasn't bought it yet, but you may want to look at it. the controller edition is even cheaper then the denon.

I have 2 and I love them. I created a 4 deck for 1 DN-Sc2000 .tsi ... very complicated but it will control 4 decks from one controller. Obviously two are better, and the mappings that have already been created are fine straight from the box.

I prefer the feel of the Denon over the feel of my S4 ....The Jog wheel on the Denon is (IMO) better than anything on the market ...the cue buttons don't stick inside the case like the S4. Denon listened to their users and got it right .....
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Tech Mentor

You guys have been a big help General consensus seems to be that I can do the traditional setup, but I should explore using one of them for both decks before adding the second. And due to my finances (or lack thereof), I'll probably end up getting one at a time, so I'll have plenty of time to play with one of em while saving up.

Now what does one do about a mixer in this situation? I'll be coming from a traditional CDJ setup with no laptop, and I haven't really figured out the whole integration yet. I have a Behringer VMX100 currently, am I going to need a digital mixer, like the DDM4000? What would you recommend?

EDIT:

Is what this kid did "right?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBIHB...eature=related

I mean, it looks like it works and all, but seems a little bit jerry-rigged if you ask me
    Last edited by DJ Sunshine; 10-23-2011 at 12:24 PM.

I still have two that I never use. Was thinking about putting them up for sale but the original boxes are back in the states and maybe that's an issue for some. Hate to turn this into a sale thread but was planning on letting them go for cheap...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    I still have two that I never use. Was thinking about putting them up for sale but the original boxes are back in the states and maybe that's an issue for some. Hate to turn this into a sale thread but was planning on letting them go for cheap...
    Haha no worries I've hesitant to buy off forums, but everybody here seems pretty real, haven't really seen anything sketchy go down here. I'm pretty broke at the moment with rent and everything having just been paid (got about $100 bucks at the moment) but what were you looking to get for them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast