What powered speakers would you recommend for house parties? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

+1 on behringers B215D.... low price at guitar center with 3 yr warranty good ass deal... got me one.. tested it yesterday at a party holy crap it bumps nicely.... was tired of taking my b52 v 1000 an this 15inch did the trick... german audio all I have to say...
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Quote Originally Posted by SS714SS View Post
    +1 on behringers B215D.... low price at guitar center with 3 yr warranty good ass deal... got me one.. tested it yesterday at a party holy crap it bumps nicely.... was tired of taking my b52 v 1000 an this 15inch did the trick... german audio all I have to say...
    How would you compare just getting two of the behringer B215D's vs the B-52 Matrix?

I have a buddy who is about to make his next investment into speakers. And up until this point, I've been pointing him toward the B-52 setup.

Just watched some reviews of the Mackie Thumps vs B215D's, and it looks like the B215D's take the cake.

But do either stack up to the B-52?
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

well for price n portability the b215d take it.... each one hits 550 watts... the matrix v1000 alone with subs and 2 tops hit 700 watts... now if u get the v2000 that sucker is hitting 1200 watts.. the only problem with the b52's is the heavy sub.. but it bumps nicely... I say for portability I would take the behringers... now if u don't have a problem with lifting the sub then go for the matrix set up... 2 behringers hit 1100 watts... close to the v2000...
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Tech Mentor

Get one waudio prs . It had super sub on it. the slightly bigger model had bass and treble.

I'll get the exact model number later.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Kem View Post
    Sub, active xover and 2 powered tops should see you right.
    If using a system from any company worth their weight, you won't need any type of crossover for a small PA system. I know at least with QSC, you just plug and play.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SDdj View Post
    So wait, im confused (sorry i know almost nothing about speakers) what would you recommend between the elx-122p and the qsc's? and what is the price difference.
    They are very similar, I'd recommend the elx-112ps simply because of the price point (around $500 per cab rather than $800 per cab for the qscs) The elx-112ps are rated at 1000w each (though the RMS rating can't seem to be found anywhere).

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Bkag View Post
    They are very similar, I'd recommend the elx-112ps simply because of the price point (around $500 per cab rather than $800 per cab for the qscs) The elx-112ps are rated at 1000w each (though the RMS rating can't seem to be found anywhere).
    What sub would you recommend getting for these?
    Last edited by SDdj; 10-23-2011 at 08:54 PM.
    Traktor Kontrol S4--AIAIAI TMA-1--Korg Mini Effects Pad--Korg Kaossilator--iMac

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SDdj View Post
    What sub would you recommend getting for these?
    http://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=1075

is El's sub any good? anyone have experience with it?
    Last edited by SDdj; 10-23-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Tech Convert

Also how do the elx122ps compare to the elx115ps? Would there be a major difference? The parties that I would be djing wouldnt be giant so do you think i should go with the 12 inch?

Tech Guru

I think if you have not had experience with powered speakers then you will find that the 12 inch will be plenty....1000W of power per speaker is ridiculous inside any normal house sized room.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast