confusion over how to set up my gear with new setup - help please

Default confusion over how to set up my gear with new setup - help please

Hey everyone..

I'm pretty new to soundcards, Traktor + USB devices in general so pls bear with this new guy lol

Basically I used to have my set-up as follows

two decks into pioneer DJM909 mixer, going into a phonicMM122 mixing desk.
    Maschine into my Macbook via USB and my macbook via firewire into MAudio Firewire Audiophile interface. I would also sample from vinyl from my mixer to the firewire interface then to my computer / maschine.
    Firewire output then also obviously goes to mixing desk, so I have 2 channels being used on my mixing desk and that then goes to amp and speakers.

Now its got confusing for me as I've treated myself to some decent speakers, and got the Pioneer SDJ05's active reference monitors. These have amp inside so I now do away with my amp and had mixing desk going to the new speakers. However, I get a lot of hiss from this, and assumed this was because I had my sound going from DJ mixer to mixing desk then to speakers, and lo and behold when I send the output directly from DJ mixer to speakers the hiss goes.

However i've just transferred from serato to traktor scratch pro 2 with audio 10 interface, so as I understand I now have no reason to use my firewire interface anymore.

So my question is, how can I connect everything so being able to have my decks and Maschine playing at the same time and avoiding the hiss from using the mixing desk?
    Probably the only thing I can do is connect an output from the front of the audio 10 and connect it to my session in on the pioneer mixer and then hear maschine(or anything from the computer) that way? is there any other way i'm missing?

sorry if this is a really basic question but i'm standing in a mess of cables and gear and spent all weekend trying different things to get rid of the hiss on my brand new speakers that I thought I would ask someone about this instead!! many thanks in advance!

anyone able to help please? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Abbott View Post
    Probably the only thing I can do is connect an output from the front of the audio 10 and connect it to my session in on the pioneer mixer and then hear maschine(or anything from the computer) that way? is there any other way i'm missing?
    I think that works. But you could also try and figure out why your desk is hissing, which might make things simpler or at least more flexible. Not sure it matters, though.

I'd also wonder about using a battle mixer in a setup like that. You only get 1 stereo channel out of Maschine, and I think you have basically no controls over it…probably not the best if you're actually performing with Maschine. If you're just using it to get sound to the speakers, that's a different story.

Thanks Mostapha...well I have tried both outputs from the mixing desk to the speakers (main out and tape out) and get the same hiss, so not sure what else to try now. the speakers do have 4 input types available so I could try more of those I suppose.

Maschine is just for production now I think performing is a long way off, although i'd want the option of being able to hear turntables and maschine at the same time at home, and therefore not having the eq controls on maschine is not a problem for now.

mixing desk was bought secondhand, is hardly top of the range and getting on a bit, probably I could just replace that and hiss might go I suppose...