Mixing Music With Virtual DJ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mixing Music With Virtual DJ

Hey guys, im pretty decent at mixing songs, but im not amazing, so if you guys can help me, or give me videos that would be awsome! Thanks
    Last edited by DjTrickyNick; 10-23-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Not to come up as a dick... but have you tried searching, did you try google?. Also, there are loads of mixing techniques, and each fits better on a certain music style/genre.. so you should specify your music genre. Finally... do you want vids of tutorials exclusively using virtual dj or do you want anything as to get new ideas?...

People are willing to help, but you should try to do your part as well man..
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

yea i've searched but couldnt find anything with numark mixtrack and Virtual DJ. Yea bro tutorial vids on both things would be awsome! Thanks

Tech Mentor

You don't need to be that specific. Most of the techniques apart from super advanced stuff can be interchangeable between controllers and software. Check out Eans 5 basic mixing techniques as a place to get started.

I dunno... I found on youtube a few basic stuff on the numark mixtrack using VDJ... but honestly, you could search some more by yourself.

I come from the same background as you, with a numark mixtrack and VDJ 7, and then switched to traktor. Check the following thread so you get some ideas on what you might wanna do. Then start from there in order to find specific tutorials and what not...

link to such thread:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38942
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Leave VDJ and get Traktor for more stability to begin with.
    Then practice practice practice
    It's taken me few years to now be able to hear my favorite trance djs that have inspired me to keep mixing and hear and know pretty much how they mix. does kinda help =p

Just use whats in front of you I guess and keep at it. You wont be pulling off a perfect mix the first times. >.> I had dozens of failures
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Quote Originally Posted by DjTrickyNick View Post
    Hey guys, im pretty decent at mixing songs, but im not amazing, so if you guys can help me
    Mixing is mixing, same principles apply no matter what gear you've got. So practice and research.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

There's not really equipment specific mixing techniques persay until you get into advanced stuff like cue point juggling and scratching. Flip around some of the blogs on this site, and browse through general discussion and you should find what you're looking for. Also, a good exercise is to listen through other mixes by dj's you like and try to pick out the little things they're doing in the mix, so you have a grasp of what kind of transitions work
    My equipment: Numark Omnicontrol Midi Controller, Traktor Pro (lol pro setup right?)

Rabid Season Mix

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    Leave VDJ and get Traktor for more stability to begin with.
    Then practice practice practice
    It's taken me few years to now be able to hear my favorite trance djs that have inspired me to keep mixing and hear and know pretty much how they mix. does kinda help =p

Just use whats in front of you I guess and keep at it. You wont be pulling off a perfect mix the first times. >.> I had dozens of failures
    Is traktor proven to be more stable than VDJ? Serious question.
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wild View Post
    Is traktor proven to be more stable than VDJ? Serious question.
    No.

I think the whole "stability" thing is a misnomer. All professional DJ software is "stable".
    If its run on a system that is made for running real time audio then the software will be stable.

Anyone that has "stability" issues with pro software has issues with their hardware.

btw - Please can the O.P. do a little research before posting questions. Ive read your post history and it would seem that you fire off a question without doing even the simplest of Google searches. Its good netiquette to search 'before' asking questions.
    Jus sayin'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast