A quick question for a noob.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default A quick question for a noob.

Yo everyone, my name is Wilmer and I've been mixing for about two months so I'm new to Djing and I had a couple beginner questions. I started off by using my friends VCI-300 and I would practice at home so I wouldn't call myself a real DJ just yet and well he took his mixer back so I need to buy one.

1. What mixer would you guys recommend for a starter that's affordable? I don't scratch.

2.Anything else I should get? I was looking at the Midi Fighter but don't know if I should get one or not.

3.Any other tips for a beginner? Advice, tips, etc are welcome.

Thanks....and my new DJ name is WhaleRyder.

Best advice I can give you is to go to a dj store in person and have a look at some all in one units with soundcard. Most are bundled with a LE version of software to get started and are a lot simpler to get up and running.
    Then go home befor you buy and watch YouTube videos on the ones you liked the look of before you buy it and see if it fits what you want to do.
    But there are heaps of threads like this one on here to help your research.

Tech Convert

Thanks a lot I appreciate the help. I already had a couple of controllers in mind like the VCI-100MKII, VCI-300, and the S2 that recently came out. I don't really know which would be the better choice.

The S2 would be my pick of that bunch but I have heard that it's well worth spending a little more and getting the S4.

Get a Mixtrack Pro, best budget beginner controller ever.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Tech Convert

Even though I'm a beginner would it be better to get the S4?

Tech Mentor

Even though I'm a beginner would it be better to get the S4?
    Not really. Theres no point in blowing nearly a grand on a controller before you know what kind of DJing you like to use. You might hate the s4, or decide you don't like DJing much after all.

The mixtrack is a safe bet, and if you decide you love it, by all means grab the s4.

Tech Convert

That's a good idea. I know how to mix but I'm still a beginner. I'm looking up the mixtrack pro right now. Should I be using Traktor or Itch?

For itch u have to have an itch cirtified controller, so I would go with traktor also because u could expand and go with many different controllers.

Tech Convert

Okay, thanks a lot everyone I'm going to look into the Mixtrack pro and Traktor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast