Vinyl only [labels/releases/tracks] - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mylestec View Post
    Why not?
    don't answer a question with a question...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

and this is headed downhill fast...and i can see why...

1. awesome you bought turntables

2. not so awesome you are asking people to find you records

Quote Originally Posted by rgtb View Post
    novel sound (recommendations: Levon vincent - man or mistress, levon vincent - double jointed sex freak), deconstruct music (dj qu - party people clap), soul people music (various - earth tones 2), text records (four tet - locked/pyramid), resista (daphni edits vol. 1), golf channel (try to find me - vol. 3, justin vandervolgen - clapping song), adult contemporary (the beat broker - pacific break), not on label (ron hardy rdy series), restoration (third side - nyx ep, the analogue cops - manola ep), doldrums (all releases), w+l black/w+l blue, not on label (ral series, particularly: Unknown artist - flöte und clarinette), editainment, ...

bot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    2. not so awesome you are asking people to find you records
    That was seriously not my intention, probably should have left it at labels in the original post. I just want a mental list of stuff to watch out for while browsing at the record story (both "real" stores and online ones) without constantly having to recheck if something is available in digital format.

Maybe I'm still not expressing myself right, but I edited the original post to show what I had in mind:

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    VINYL ONLY LABELS

Cabin Fever

Sub-imprint of Rekids
    Style: Deep House, Tech House
    Double Standard Records

Label run by Gadi Mizrahi of Wolf+Lamb
    Style: Deep House
    Geheimtipp

White-label sub-imprint of Mo's Ferry
    Style: Tech House
    keinerechte

Unofficial sub-imprint of keinemusik, releasing uncleared edits (most notably Daniel Bortz' version of James Blake - Limit To Your Love)
    Lonesome Hero (discogs)

Style: Tech House, Techno
    Mojuba

Style: Deep House, Tech House
    Perlon (discogs)

Style: Minimal
    Praxxiz

Label run by Berlin's Dr. Motte (not entirely sure on the "vinyl only" stance, but their latest two releases - by Samuel L. Session - apparently are)
    Style: Techno
    Seoul Community

Slices Of Life

Style: Deep House
    Solamente

Style: Tech House, Minimal
    Tape Select

White-label imprint with edits by Oscar (Karate Klub)
    we can do it

So, but that's enough office procrastination for now, I probably should do some real work every once in a while. If somebody wants to contribute to the list I'm more than happy to edit in more stuff.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    bot!!!
    no, i went through my traktor library and picked out those tracks from the genres OP mentioned which i had to digitize myself from vinyl. needless to say, these days, i only buy vinyl when i cannot buy the stuff as a download or a CD.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSiniSter View Post
    If you want to talk vinyl, go to DJ Forums. You will find more purists than nuns.
    What... r u serious?

M8 Vinyls are essntial to know if you are a DJ. At least to have toched them and know the basics. Having the curiosity to play with them only shows your intereset to learn more and towards music and this craft. Good for you.

I do play many tracks on vinyl, and I dont judge the exclusivity of it when buying one. Even Chris Liebing who is total digital Dj buys vinyl and it is not to play it out.

Normally a label would need to invest a lot to release on vinyl, compared on digital where money investment is near to 0.

This is why it is very rare to see bad tracks released on vinyl, there are lots of exception but from a producer perspective you should be proud to have your material pressed on Vinyl.

On the other hand buying vinyl is a grater recognition to the artist, means that people want to have a physical copy of your music, which will be stored carefully and cleaned very often

Do you see my point, Vinyl shows your love to music as well as the effort made on studio recognized sounding as best as possible. At least that is the meaning for me.

Decks.de is an awsome site to browse for music, the quality of previews is great, which motivates you to want the track even more. You might experince delivery restrictions depending where you live.

Track charting in this site is very good also, not like beatport where they are just worried on selling.

Junorecords.com is very reliable and will have lots of stock. The audio quality of previews is very bad though.

Finally if you are in Europe should be checking Clone.nl another awsome site.

I was gonna suggest Novel Sound for the same tracks as rgtb, Man Or Mistress is HUGE

Stablo - house/deep house, very limited releases, get them from hardwax
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0BKr...eature=related

Hold Youth - house/deep house. just got this today
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elYWt...ayer_embedded#!

Tech Mentor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFn3L8fyLfs

The release is Iron Curtis / Quarion / Session Victim – Treats Vol. 3 on Retreat.

i'm glad this thread's finally popped up on djtt! ([edit] shit, it's been up for time!) i'm having a massive personal vinyl renaissance at the moment (due mainly to getting pissed off playing bad vinyl rips) and would love to share some with people!

Quote Originally Posted by Mylestec View Post
    5. Mr. Scruff
    haha since you mention Mr Scruff - thought you might enjoy an interview I did with him recently. If any of you who have been hating on this thread or are unsure exactly why vinyl is important, this wise owl might help you understand a bit better! (i'm the red haired one on the far right who didn't get picked up by the mic if you were interested!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sadLRj0py5Y

more to the point though, it's all about the white labels, and discogs.com is the place i go on a daily basis. build up a wantlist, and it'll track vinyls you want - sending you an exciting email every time more records come on sale - and when you find them for the price you want, you go in for the kill! I've found some great bargains on here, it's the best site ever!

I'll start you off with this, which I bought the other day (and have been wanting since it was dropped a while ago) - although they seem to miss out the brilliant saxophone intro, another reason to buy it on wax!

Jam City - Ecstasy (Refix) - Night Slugs - NSWL004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsWmikaLFms
    Last edited by belchman; 02-02-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: totally didn't realise this has been on here for so long!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12