Using Traktor/iTunes Playlists
    Tech Mentor

Default Using Traktor/iTunes Playlists

Like almost all DJs I know, I use iTunes to organize my music. Smart Playlists are my life savers. My problem is that in Traktor, not all of the info I like to see is apparent in the iTunes section of the browser (Album Art doesn't come up for some reason, which is a big problem for a visual person like me, I can't see if it's analyzed, etc). I've done the whole "import to playlists" bit, but it doesn't update when I make changes in iTunes (which I do daily). I've also tried using the itunes playlist directory, but it's not a supported file type??? I don't want to have to delete and re-import all my playlists each time I perform, never mind every time I open Traktor. Anyone know a solution to this problem? Thanks.
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

Tech Convert

Check out Trainspotter 2..

http://www.tspotter.net/version-2

Quote Originally Posted by The Adonis View Post
    Check out Trainspotter 2..

http://www.tspotter.net/version-2
    I have the same issue and I'm reading up on trainspotter and it looks like a pretty good solution. Before i give it a shot can you help with a couple questions?

1) will it delete any of my comment fields that i have set up in Itunes.
    - if not will they transfer over nicely because i use the comments section for MIK info and all sorts of random tags.

2) same question for genres.

3) If it transfers over, do i have to be careful if i let it auto tag everything? I would never let it do that anyways but I'm more curious,

4) Once you set up all your smart playlists in trainspotter (which can be the same as your itunes)
    do the tracks have to be added into traktor before Trainspotter will put them into your library or does it grab everything new from itunes?
    MPB - TP - TS Pro 2 - Audio 6 - Technics 1200mk2 - Xone 22 - xone53 - Kontrol X1 - Axiom 49 - M-audio C400

To the question regarding overwriting ID3 info...

You choose what you want to overwrite in Trainspotter. If you want to update year, album, and album art but NOT genre, you can have it that way. Ditto all other fields. I would recommend not auto-tagging. There are too many instances where a UK release differs in track order from a US release, and you may inadvertently rename a file to a different one in the track list without realizing it.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Downloaded. struggling at the moment. I tried to sync it to my itunes playlist and its not really liking that. (Could be because its 90gb's)

I still have faith though...

after about an hour I just got an itunes icon. so i will report back if this solves the problem above...I'm thinking that its going to be a really useful program to have and I wish i had it sooner.
    Last edited by Towner; 10-26-2011 at 09:52 PM.
    MPB - TP - TS Pro 2 - Audio 6 - Technics 1200mk2 - Xone 22 - xone53 - Kontrol X1 - Axiom 49 - M-audio C400