pretty stupid

Thread: pretty stupid

Tech Student

Default pretty stupid

hi im new to all this and this may be a stupid question.. but i dont understand why some dj acts are 2 or more djs? For example Dada Life..

Does one dj do the main song mixing and one works the FX or how does that work? ive always wondered this and it would be great if someone could help me out

Thanks alot

i have no idea who Dada life is...but i have seen a few acts where one guy comes on and plays...leaves when the other guy comes on...or stays and hands him records...or they switch every few records..i forget who it was where there was one guy mixing...and the other guy was picking and cueing his records for him...

it was on dancetrippin.tv....great...now i have to go find it...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I've seen duos where one cues up the records and the other mixes them in. I've also seen duos that switch who's mixing every few songs.

I've also seen a pair of guys with Serato and Ableton. One guy on vinyl and the other on his APC40. :P
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I DJ with a friend of mine occasionally, Ill pick pic a song and mix it while he uses effects/loops/samples and then vise versa. Why do I do it? because its fun.

Now that being said acts like Dada Life and Daft Punk dj together because they produce music together as well.
    Setup:MacbookPro, Xone DB2, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 8, Stanton Str8 150s, Maschine.
    https://soundcloud.com/stack_1/december-session

we get each other's beers
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

djing with an friend together has some benefits:
    - you can cue/beatmatch while your friend is in the mix and prepare the players (usually more than 2) for more mix-action
    - you can use more than 2 hands with their 10 fingers simultaneously (adding EFX to the blending of your friend or firing up some oneshot samples or stuff like this)
    - the one who hasn't to do something right now can go out and check the sound quality on the floor, coming back to the booth and turn down some too-loud high-hats or adjusting the overall volume for the optimal impact
    - you can jump down and dance with your audience for for some minutes ;o)
    - you can get drinks / go to the toilet without stress (!!!)