TSP pissing me off...

Default TSP pissing me off...

Seriously considering going for Serato.

my piss offs so far:

1. jumping between REAL vinyl and timecodes. When going back form vinyl to timecode I get this lovely phenomenon where if the timecode spins forward the track goes backwards and vice versa. AWESOME!

2. right deck is fucked as of my last gig. this could be attributed to my A8DJ. It plays fine, but I can't do anything else with the timecode. I spin it backwards it just glitches out and plays forward anyways.

3. everytime there's a new change like TSP to TSP2. Gotta go buy it. Serato, you get the fucking soundcard that's it, the end.

Maybe it's just me having a fleeting moment but I'm seriously starting to get annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFandango View Post

my piss offs so far:

3. everytime there's a new change like TSP to TSP2. Gotta go buy it. Serato, you get the fucking soundcard that's it, the end.
    Not wanting to turn this into another Serato vs. Traktor war, however, with Serato if you want to use a controller you have to buy Itch. Not the case with Traktor.

Each program has it's advantages, disadvantages, and bugs. Go with what you like.

I had mine play backward on me before.

I would check all the connections and do a proper troubleshoot.

Update the software, try new RCA's etc.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    I had mine play backward on me before.

I would check all the connections and do a proper troubleshoot.

Update the software, try new RCA's etc.
    I'd also add - CHECK YOUR NEEDLES!

A mate had this exact issue, and it was caused by him using fucked needles, the timecode scope was all twisted, and when it looped in to a figure 8 the tracks played backwards.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

1) you need to recalibrate when you swap. Read your manual
    2) check your scopes, you're missing a channel. Troubleshoot your gear
    3) correct. If you don't want to pony up 80 euros every 2-3 years then you should consider a different product
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 10-25-2011 at 01:25 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFandango View Post

my piss offs so far:

1. jumping between REAL vinyl and timecodes. When going back form vinyl to timecode I get this lovely phenomenon where if the timecode spins forward the track goes backwards and vice versa. AWESOME!

2. right deck is fucked as of my last gig. this could be attributed to my A8DJ. It plays fine, but I can't do anything else with the timecode. I spin it backwards it just glitches out and plays forward anyways.

I had these same problems.. and on the right deck as well... needed to update the drivers for my A8DJ and that solved the problem... also, I took the A8DJ settings off of auto start and now manually start it each time before I play.... Also, with vinyl setups grounding can be an issue... I've had gigs where someone plugs something with a ground problem into the same circuit and then that introduces noise into the ground loop... in these cases using the ground lift in the software control fixes that problem.. hope this helps.