audio 6 multicores?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default audio 6 multicores?

Hi there! doin a little research for a friend, anybody know if the NI audio 6 can be hooked up with multicores to give seamless switching via phono/line switch from timecode vinyl to regular vinyl? or is that exclusively audio 8 and up? I asked this on skratchlounge and someone suggested I check here. Thanks in advance!

and I should have put this in general huh... derp

no multicore won´t work with audio6.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

dag! any workaround ideas to accomplish this without unplugging and replugging would be very helpful

I'm thinkin you could split the signal directly from the tt and have one go to the interface back around to line, the other one go straight to phono. then the line phono switches would control which source. right? Please let me know if my logic is flawed or if this would adversely effect signal strength.

Tech Wizard

very interested in this answer. I know that you can set the interface to thru in the software (at least if you're using traktor you can), but I feel like the sound quality is definitely affected. playing real vinyl this way sounds like grainy in the not-good digital way. not sure if anyone notices but I definitely can. right now the combination of this and library management in traktor makes me want to save for an sl2.

I think i remember seeing pcb boards for technics that had a switchable phono/line output (like an integrated preamp) and two sets of RCAs. not sure if they could output on both sets of RCAs though.

Tech Convert

Thinking of doing this myself (when my mixer finally comes back from repair...).
    I thought I would be using these splitter cables:
    http://www.procab.be/ProductInfo.asp...1012&pCode=725

Is there any difference between using these and the Traktor Multicores, apart from the connector in the middle of the multicore cable ?
    I didn't think there would be, but if Earl Panda is right there must be some "intelligence" in the Multicore cables for them to be aware of which soundcard they are connected to... ?

Quote Originally Posted by thosetentacles View Post
    and I should have put this in general huh... derp
    sorted
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Multicores work on anything. I use mine with my audio10.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

^ yep
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast