Experiment, I need someone with Audio 10, Traktor, and Ableton
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Experiment, I need someone with Audio 10, Traktor, and Ableton

Post here if you meet the criteria.

Banned

What's the plan?

Tech Guru

I've been planning on showing a bridge style setup with Traktor and Ableton, but I ran into a bump in the road when I was using Jack OS X, I wasn't able to use Timecode, and when I just used the DJM 900 as the soundcard for both Live and Traktor it kind of breaks the functionality since Ableton was recording EQ automation AND the EQ from the DJM 900, therefore doubling up the amount of EQ used. Would you by chance be willing do to a video chat to help test my theory. What else is in your setup.

Tech Guru

If i'm correct if Ableton is using the Audio 10 as a soundcard, then the recording will only see Ableton's EQ automation so it will be possible to go back and fix errors during the mix.

Can you not set up an aggregate sound card (jack & the audio 10) and use the timecode function? Thats a shame if you can't, i was thinking of buying ableton and doing something similar.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Tech Guru

No the problem is when you use an audio routing program (soundflower, jack os x) you have to pick those are your soundcards in Traktor, so it disables timecode. But if you have an Audio 10 i'm confident you wouldn't need audio routing programs, you would just pick that for your soundcard in both programs.

I know what ye mean by selecting jack in traktor, that won't work, but if you made an aggregate device in osx using the audio 10 does traktor still not allow timecode?

Tech Guru

Hmm unfortunately I don't have an audio 10, would you be willing to test this out to see if this kind of setup is possible.

I'll download Jack when I get a chance an let ye know. Im sure you'd be able to do it the same way on the DJM? Create 2 stereo outs and 2 stereo ins with jack, then aggregate the DJM to Jack. Then route traktor into ableton as you see fit, by using the aggregate device you'v created both in traktor and ableton. This is assuming TSP allows aggregated devices when using timecode. I don't see why not like.

Tech Guru

Hey Jo3 let me know when you get the chance to do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast