Introducing the Interracial Deejays project!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Introducing the Interracial Deejays project!

Hello everyone!
    So,
    I just wanted to introduce a new DJ project to all you guys, so you can check it out if you like.
    The project was only started 2 days ago, and currently consists of 3 people: DJ RyM1X, DJ Crabman and myself. We are a group of international newcomer DJs and currently located in Switzerland / Liechtenstein.
    Please feel free to check out our website at http://www.interracial-djs.com

Also, DJ RyM1X and I have created 2 Electro / Progressive House preview mixes yesterday, so feel free to tune in to mine here:
    http://www.soundcloud.com/housek1pp1ng/ehp01

His mix can be found here:

http://soundcloud.com/rym1x/preview-mix

Thanks to everyone checking out our stuff, any feedback on both the page and mixes is greatly appreciated! :-)
    Enjoy!
    HouseK1pp1ng
    Last edited by DJ HouseK1pp1ng; 10-26-2011 at 11:31 AM.

What's with the 'interracial', if you don't mind me asking?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Student

Hi,
    that's a good question actually, thanks for bringing that up!
    Basically, the thing with the three of us that we all have different nationalities. So, RyM1X is American (but with Liechtenstein nationality), I am originally German (but living in Switzerland) and Crabman is Afro-American. Also, our logo contains the Yin & Yang symbols, bringing in that culture as well. So, the basic idea behind our project, other than mixing cool music that people will enjoy, is to bring together many cultures, nationalities and races that exist in the world in different ways. This is basically just the head start, and I'm excited to see how it will turn out in the future.
    Hope that explains it - and thanks for bringing up the question, we should definitely put that on the website! :-)
    HouseK1pp1ng

quoted from their website : "taking over one race at a time"

lol...?
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Quote Originally Posted by DJ HouseK1pp1ng View Post
    to bring together many cultures, nationalities and races that exist in the world in different ways
    ...aha. Sounds like every rave I've ever been to.

Sorry, but making a big thing out of coming from different places and cultures seems a bit old to me. And a bit odd too, seeing as the mixes (which sound solid enough) you've posted aren't particularly exotic.

I mean, it's great and everything, but normal to the point of not being noteworthy, no?
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 10-26-2011 at 11:47 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    quoted from their website : "taking over one race at a time"

lol...?
    He did say he is originally German...
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Student

Hi all,
    @lethal_pizzle: thanks for your points! Yes, you're right about the fact that the concept of bringing various cultures / groups of people together isn't totally new. However, I think how well this has worked in the past also depends on a region, or even a specific country in the world. What I'm saying that while it's a fairly "old-fashioned" concept in countries such as the US or the UK, it still hasn't really settled around here, however people do welcome the concept of internationalism generally. Therefore, we thought we'd try to fill in that niche around here, and see how it progresses. Also, our concept is just one way in which we identify ourselves. For example, there's the music we play. While it may not be that "exotic" like you said, it's music that people want to listen to when they're partying, which brings them together and generally tends to set a good mood. As the choice of House DJs over here is also quite limited, we're also trying to fill in a gap here.
    So, while the concept may be "nothing new" over in the UK, I think it really depends on where you're operating and the target group. Also, remember that this is still a totally new project. Thus, there certainly is way for improvement in any direction - so if you have any more constructive feedback, please share it with me - also via pm if you like!
    @completej: If I understood the association you made correctly, you should go back and read my 2nd post, where I described our background, maybe it will make more sense then. Also, just for the record: the individual you may be referring to was Austrian, not German.
    Many thanks!
    HouseK1pp1ng

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    He did say he is originally German...
    you just lost at the internet... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Don't like interracial DJs as a name tho. Generally anything to do with the word race in that context tends to have bad connotations, at least for some people, and I wouldn't want my DJ name to potentially actually offend someone.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Did you see that on QI too?

I tried to use that law on someone in real life once. Didn't go down too well...
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

@fullenglishpint & @k1pp1ng

Only kidding good sirs. Careful to catch yourself in the other known law (memetic as well) of the internet: http://bit.ly/vVouuT
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast